Monday, April 1, 2013

A little pick me up

This week went from fairly low key to crazy intense and stressful in matter of hours. Such is life.

Today I made a list, like I always do, of all the things I absolutely HAVE to get done by certain days (ex. Process paper due Wednesday night) and then off to the side all the things I should really get started on (ex. End of Life teaching paper due April 15th, Research executive summary due April 15th).

Today, I started to feel overwhelmed, like I always do, when I saw that mountain of a list to climb by the end of the week.

Today...turned out a little bit differently though thanks to this little gem.

John 14:3-4
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

This was in my End of Life class, and we were talking about legal and ethical issues at end of life (advanced directives, power of attorney, etc.). However, it hit me a little differently in the sense that all the work and effort I am putting into this life and especially my education is valuable, and it means something not only to me here, but in the next life as well. And Christ knows how hard I have been working to achieve this goal and the struggle it's been. He has not forgotten me, and while I'm busting my butt here to make that goal a reality, He is preparing a place for me.


In my Father's house there are many mansions...



I'm hoping one of those mansions is for me.


Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE