Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Stuck like glue

There's something about country music. Something in the lyrics or the music that speaks to my soul. There is always something or some part in the song that I find myself identifying with, something that makes me really think.

After I got married, I found myself to be much more emotional that I was used to, due in part to some crazy pills, but I think a lot of it had to due with the simple truth that I shared my entire life with someone now. It was no longer just me on my own. It was the two of us, in it for the long haul. Forever. It was the thought that things can change in an instant and I could suddenly be missing half of me. Something changed after I said "yes" across that temple altar. I became a part of a whole.

This morning driving to school, a song came on the radio. Yes, it was Sugarland (FAV!) and this song came out when Dan and I were dating or had just gotten married. I love it. It's adorable, and slightly stalkerish. But hey, when you're part of a whole, I think you earn the divine right to be a little sappy and a little stalkerish.



You and me, baby, we're stuck like glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE