Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hash tag: Mary Kay Party!

*kudos to Emily Jacobson for the title to this blog post! I have been laughing about it ever since she said it tonight.

I went to a Mary Kay spa night thing with Kristi King and Emily Jacobson tonight. First of all, can we just talk about the fact I didn't even want to go.

I went to one of these spa night/facial parties like a year and a half ago. It was ehhh...okay at best. Kind of dumb to be honest. But I went. Free facial..can't really go wrong with that! Except you totally could. Anyway, I was promised a $10 gift card to use if I came to the thing. Fine print: I had to use it that night. I'm sorry what? Sucky. So I asked what the cheapest thing I could get is, because let's get real, Mary Kay is on the pricier end of make up sales. To make a LONG LONG story very very short, I ordered a blush. Only she didn't have it with her. She said she'd mail it to me. I was moving in 4 weeks out of state. She said it wouldn't be a problem at all. Alright, no big deal. 4 weeks comes and goes. I text her multiple times in the 4 weeks, each time being promised that the blush would get sent THAT week!

Move it along through the summer in Denver, and I get a text from said MK lady, that she's super sorry it's taken so long and she's sending a bunch of free goodies with it. Okay, I can work with that. Move BACK to Utah, and seriously it was another 3 or 4 months before I heard from her again. Finally, I was so sick of it all that I text her and basically told her I just wanted my money back and didn't care about the product. Low and behold, 3 days later my blush finally showed up...with another $10 gift certificate. Yeah...never going to order from her EVER again.

Fast forward to now. So basically I didn't want to go because of said bad experience, and I was so tired today! I had a million other things I could have done, but I kind of just said what the heck and went. Thank goodness Kristi and Emily both scrubbed out too, because it was a yoga pants kind of evening. Surprisingly, I had a lot of fun, and I actually got to use the product on my entire face (the first time they only had me put it on half my face...annoying). The MK lady that invited us was super cute and way friendly! The three of us had a pretty good time too. (At least I did!) It was nice to get out for an evening with some friends and go get make up/beauty tips.

So now, we're getting ice cream this weekend and some free product and listen to Melanie's business w/ MK. And we might just possibly go to the Pink Party in September...just for the heck of it. Not going to lie, I kind of enjoyed being out tonight at the party. I'm sure most of it was the company, but the atmosphere definitely helped. Thanks for a fun night out Kristi and Emily!!

#MaryKayparty

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE