Saturday, August 10, 2013

That one time I didn't blog for a month!

Wow! Really I cannot believe it has been that long since I've blogged. I don't have too much to say right now. But here's a quit bit of what we've been up to lately!

I've been working, cleaning house, laundry, and working on my diy headboard--it's taking forever. I've literally been working on it for a month or so. I've have a new-found resolve to get it finished before school starts though! 3 weeks!! (Which reminds me...I need to get on ordering those textbooks.) I'm working out pretty regularly now and I haven't felt this good/comfortable with my body in a LONG time. It's amazing that even though there's not a huge physical change yet, I feel a big mental/emotional change, and that is a great feeling!

Dan has been working like a dog and trying to take it easy since his back relapsed 3 weeks ago. Poor guy is so go go go that it's hard to get him to slow down at all. Thankfully, this time he has done a lot better with working hard but taking the time to rest. He starts school again in a few weeks too, and I think he's excited about it? Mostly, I think he's excited to be done with the summer. It's been one of the toughest by far, but I'm so reassured that this is what we were supposed to do this summer, and it's definitely been a blessing for us.

Ward party tonight that I'm SOOOOOO excited for. Really. This is the party we've heard about since we moved in (we had just barely missed it by a few weeks). So I'm super happy we finally get to go!

We helped our good friends Shannon and Kristi move into their new apt yesterday. Poor Kristi had such swollen ankles from moving all day, but what else can you expect at 37 weeks preggo? She got to set up the baby's room though and the mamaroo! That is a pretty dang cool swing, not gonna lie. Check it out!

It's been a good month. The sister moves up in a few weeks for school, and two of my best friends are coming next weekend for a visit!!! <-- I'm way excited about that if you couldn't tell.

Have a great week everyone! Off to keep sanding that bedframe!

PS. I will finish blogging about Nauvoo. Expect another post on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE