Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October and fall leaves

October is one of my favorite times of the year, second only to Thanksgiving, and probably my anniversary. Here's a few reasons why.

1. All things pumpkin are now acceptable and will be for the next 3 months.
Let's just talk for a minute about how great pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are. Really. They are probably the BEST dessert ever. Pumpkin pie is pretty great, but these are my all time favorite. If you've never tried them (and you're a pumpkin pie fan), you NEED to.

2. The leaves are changing. They are turning all these absolutely brilliant shades of red, yellow, and orange.

3. The weather is finally starting to cool off, giving everyone (myself included) a much needed break from the heat. Bring out the sweaters, scarves, leggings, and boots!



How cute are these clothes? I think a shopping spree is in order, and I need to get some cute boots up in this closet. And that brown bag...most definitely. Love it all. I just love fall!!

4. Outdoor activities can actually be enjoyed without sweating to death or being eaten alive by mosquitoes.
I love sitting outside with Dan watching the sun go down. It's one of my top 5 favorite things to do with him. I love that the weather has cooled off enough that it's almost chilly when the sun finally does go down. I love that it's cool enough the mosquitoes have mostly died off and aren't attacking me anymore.
Hiking is definitely pretty high on that list. Dan loves being outdoors, so I'm sure in the coming weeks, we'll be outside quite a bit. Hopefully enough before the snow hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE