Monday, September 30, 2013

Love songs

I have this theory that once you get married (or are in a pretty seriously committed relationship) that all love songs start to apply to you. They each carry this meaning to you and you find yourself relating to each and every one...or at least I do. Maybe that makes me crazy, or insane. Maybe not.

There's always that one song that gets you every time. For me, it's the song Dan and I danced to at our wedding. It doesn't come on the radio, only courtesy of youtube, but it always takes me right back to that moment, where for a split second in time, it was all about us. Everyone was watching, and I was so lost in that moment I couldn't have cared for a second. He was everything I'd ever dreamed about, everything I'd ever wanted, and in that moment, my life was complete. Everything was absolutely perfect. I found my forever, my soul mate, my best friend, the one who gets me like no one else ever really could. 

Even 2 1/2 years later, he's still the only one that really gets me, and the one I run to for everything. He's the one at the end of the day I want to share all my stories with, and he never gets tired of them. He's the one I text during the middle of the day when I've had an epiphany or learned something great in school, or had the opportunity to perform a skill in clinical (no matter how disgusting or grotesque it may be). He's the one that always supports me, and sometimes carries my dreams for me when I've had enough and can't go on.

He's the one that loves me, truly loves me for me--all my flaws and imperfections. I probably would have driven anyone else crazy by now.

My heart is set on you. I don't want no one else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE