Monday, March 24, 2014

The perfect week

Last week after church, Dan came home super excited about something that the teacher had challenged his class to do. The challenge was to have a "perfect" week: saying prayers together in the morning and the evening, and reading scriptures together every day.

I initially felt pretty daunted at the task. We're pretty good at reading scriptures together, but saying prayers together, especially in the morning, has never been a strong point for us. We try though, and at the end of the day that's all that can really be asked of us right?

Anyway, we decided to try it out and figured if we failed, then at least we tried and could try again. The first few days went great! We were super gun-hoe about it, really making a conscious effort to say prayers in the morning and read scriptures together at night. It was going really well. Towards the end of the week, it actually was a little more difficult, as with all things that are righteous. But I'm happy to report that we did it!!!

So here's what I learned from this one "perfect" week.

I noticed so much more peace in my home last week. Life was not perfect, and things still came up, but we took it--I took it--much more in stride and didn't get so worked up about silly things. I felt more peace in my life and felt much more at peace with my life. Sometimes I get so caught up in the small things, especially with school, and I noticed that I was able to get more done and not feel stressed. Awesome!!!

I noticed that Dan and I were much more "in tune" with each other. We responded much better to each other, and I was more patient and kind too. I can't speak for Dan, because let's be honest, he's the patient one in this relationship, but I think he would agree that communication in our house went much smoother last week than it has in a while. We just seemed to get each other. We laughed so much and it just was pure bliss and happiness.

I noticed that my prayers were more meaningful. I actually thought about what I should pray about, and I paused during my prayers to listen and be touched by the Spirit. It's a beautiful thing to have the Spirit dwelling in your home, within these four small walls, and feel so much love from the Lord.

We're going for week number 2. I'll let you know how that goes. I definitely encourage you to try it though, and see what changes you see in your own life. Let it change you. Let the Spirit into your life to change you. Be moldable. Be pliable, and let the Spirit touch your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE