Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger....right?

Let's just lay this out straight: today has been a day from Hell. (I even capitalized it so it's not swearing--see Abbie I'm working on it!!) There's honestly no other way to put it without using any explitives--note: I haven't used ANY today. And yes I am patting myself on the back for it. You'll see why.

So I get up this morning knowing that I've got a crap ton of stuff to do today so that I can start nursing school in two weeks. First blow of the morning: processing my background check takes 4-6 weeks!! (WHY HELLO BLOW FROM WAY THE HECK OUT IN LEFT FIELD!) I only just found out I got into nursing school a week ago. Someone please tell me how I'm supposed to get all this done in that time frame. After much crying (yes I rediscovered my tear ducts today. They still work--no surprise), I put myself together as best I could and raced across the valley with my mother in tow to get all this stuff done.

Second blow of the morning: after talking to the nursing director (finally!) she informed me that I have to have the above mentioned fingerprints processed because that's a part of passing your cna. Apparently it's not enough to have a fingerprint clearance card, have passed my cna test, and have just found out that I got in so all of this crap does in fact HAVE to be done. Great.

Third blow of the morning: well the lady at the board of nursing said there's no way to make it go any faster. Screwed into the ground. Oh well, it still has to be done so at least I can get a job at a hospital and work as a cna.

So after much more crying and frustration--I tell you I'm such a girl. Abbie knows this...she has to suffer through it on a pretty regular basis--I came to the conclusion that it's probably not gonna happen for me this semester. It's just not lining up in a way that it's even plausible that it's gonna happen. I mean after all, 4 weeks doesn't shrink into 2. Talking to my mom in the car on the way home, it just is making a little more sense. She brought up an interesting point though. Maybe the test isn't actually getting in, maybe the test is saying no and having faith in the Lord that even though it's gonna take a little longer, I'll be a nurse one day. It's gonna happen.

Whew. So that puts a lot on my mind to think about for tonight. I've got a nice long list of all the things I've got to ask when I say my prayers. I hope He doesn't tire from hearing me. I feel like I've talked his ear off quite a lot lately. Maybe that's the other problem...I'm talking too much and not listening enough. It wouldn't be the first time.

So I'm doing it. I'm gonna let it go, and trust the Lord. He knows what's best and He's got the best perspective from way up there I'm sure.

Now it's just off to order books and figure out where I'm going to school next year. Any suggestions? Except Idaho...sorry Kendra--it's just too stinkin cold up there! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE