Friday, December 31, 2010

Ignite the Light and Let it SHINE.

So it's New Years Eve and this year's definitely not been what I expected at all. I tend to think of my years relative to the school year. So in thinking about the actual year...I've gotta go WAYYY back to last semester. So far!! I know. I'm getting old. Blah.

Sparing the boring and drawn out details...I'll just recap the year really (and I mean really) quickly. Ideally 12 sentences or less.
January: Second semester of college, I've got the hang of things a little better, and a new roommate.
February: New roommate (Brinlee) turns out to be just the perfect fit, Valentines day--absolutely hate it...okay "hate" is a little strong, but you get the idea...not my favorite holiday.
March: SPRING BREAK!! California and Disneyland=LOVE. Met Dan at the library (see what good little students we are...we met at the library!)
April: Hmm...not too much to say here. Pretty sure this was the first official date with Dan watching planet earth eating popcorn and drinking hawaiian punch, spent lots (and I mean lots) of time floating down the river, which conveniently worked out to always be on Tuesdays so Hannah and I frequently went to nutrition smelling like delicious river mud nastiness.
May: Some things literally went to hell and I never planned on them coming back, finished my first year of college, and headed home, more relieved than anything to be leaving Thatcher and parting ways with some people.
June: Work work work all week long, and I can't complain too much. It kept me busy and from thinking about a lot of things. Enjoyed soaking up the summer sun every chance I got. ALSO: Everyone left on their missions!! And so the mass letter writing begins...
July: Work work work...visit Utah and see all the cousins, family, explore Provo Canyon, and visit the Clarks.
August: Work, back to school. I learned a lot about forgiveness and gave up my vices. Started talking to a few people again. Went to FRY MESA the first weekend back in Thatcher.
September: Peppersauce Caves in Tuscon, Rees and Tracee's wedding, going on a second "first date" with Dan to see the Last Exorcism....which I'm pretty sure I swore under my breath the entire time and then laughed as soon as it was over.
October: GF status. Yeahhh...still adjusting to that one. Halloween block party :]
November: Thanksgiving break...much much much needed and I can't exactly say I was excited to go back to school, except to see Dan. ONE
December: Meeting the fam...went MUCH better than I had planned. Missing him entirely too much it's honestly quite ridiculous, but I guess that's what happens. Christmas in Utah, seeing all the cousins, mass insanity. Oh and snow in Arizona...right in my backyard. Got into the nursing program...and then deciding not to do it at EA. Probably one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in a long time. Relying on the Lord that He knows what's best and has the best intentions for me.

So now I'm sitting here looking at where I've been and where I'm going, and honestly if there's one thing I've learned this last year, NOTHING goes according to plan. It's quite frustrating but I'm managing. Let's see what next year brings. :]

Here's to 2010 and all the ups and downs. As for 2011: Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE