Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Proud wife moment

I have to brag about my sweet husband for a moment. 
And I won't apologize for it because I'm his wife and it's my job to brag about him and be proud of him.


Today, Dan had the day off. 
We desperately needed grocery. 
Bare cupboards.  Practically empty fridge and freezer. 
You know the type.
So my sweet husband wanted to go grocery shopping with me.

We hit up Costco and then Walmart. 
As we're standing in line to check out, there's an older lady in front of us. She's a little slow at loading her groceries onto the check out stand. Totally fine. I'm not in a rush or anything.
My sweet husband offered to help her out. 

I was so proud at that moment to remember that this is the man I married. 
He's the one I get to spend the rest of my life and eternity with.
And then I was a little embarrassed that I've never offered to help anyone like that.
She was so sweet and thanked him profusely as he was helping and then again as she left.
My heart swelled in my chest.

There's also a lady standing behind us with two young boys. She's struggling with the both of them. And one is throwing a small tantrum.
Probably nap time.
Seriously I commend her for even venturing out with two kids. 
I don't know if I could do that.

Dan turns to her and asks if he could help her load her groceries on the check out stand.
Again, I felt so proud and happy and then ashamed that I had never done the same for anyone.

She thanked him. 
We left. 

I made the comment that I bet he'd just made their day with a small act of service.

I'm so blessed to have him as my partner and companion.
I'm so grateful that my children will have him as their father.
I'm so grateful he's the type of person who is always thinking of others. 
I hope our children will pick up that attribute from him. 
I hope one day to be half as awesome as he is. 
Thankfully, I get to learn from him each day.
And tomorrow, I get to try again.
I am the luckiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE