Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Faith

"All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired." -Martin Luther

I feel like lately we've hit quite the bump in the road. Trials are supposed to make us stronger. I know that they humble us and bring us closer to God if we approach them with the right attitude. Sometimes, though, it's just hard. Sometimes I think (very selfishly I might add) why can't we just catch a break?

Then I look at everything we've been blessed with. We just figured out today that we can BOTH stay on our parents insurance until we're 26! Not that we'll stay on that long, but that's a huge relief right now. We don't have to quite worry about paying for that just yet.

Dan has a job, and might possibly be getting another one! He applied and interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse earlier this week. Ironically enough, they're hiring in the HUNTING department. How perfect would that be for him? Not only would he be working at one of his favorite stores, but he'd love it because it's a hunting/outdoors store. The job he has now is such a blessing. He's more than providing for us, and he gets to talk to people all the time (another thing he loves).

We have an AWESOME ward. Coming from Texas, I didn't have too high of expectations for this ward, but it's been nothing but warm and welcoming. I know I've mentioned this before, but there are quite a few other couples in our same situation-newly married, living in a basement, etc- but more than anything, the people are just nice. I've had someone new sit by me every week and talk to me. That's such a relief to be in a ward that actually takes the time to fellowship new members. I already feel a part of the ward and we've only gone for 4 Sundays. We're even making chili for the ward activity this month. It's a Chili/Dessert cookoff!

We have so many other things to be grateful for that will strengthen us through our trials. We're healthy and we have a roof over our heads. We have family that loves us and is praying for us as much as we're praying for them. More than anything, we strengthen each other together. I realize more and more every day that I need him more than anything in this life. Between he and I and the Lord, we'll make it through everything and anything.

Together. Forever.

Embrace your trials. They're a gift. If you ask the right questions, you'll make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE