Tuesday, October 4, 2011

For all those times you stood by me

Don't mind the cheesy title. As of late though (and I mean the last 4 days) I've had this overwhelming fear that something is going to happen to Dan. Literally overwhelming. Like I start balling uncontrollably and just collapse because I can't stand the thought of it. Not the normal "I can't lose you" feeling that you feel when you hear a sad story. It's bad. And super random. And I hate it.

I'm honestly hoping and praying every night that it's not some premonition. My mom thinks it's probably because he was gone for so long that I'm afraid of that happening again. All I know is that it will just randomly hit without warning and it's usually at night before we're going to bed.

So if you're not in the mood to read some lovey dovey post about my husband, you can stop reading right now and stalk someone else's blog. If you don't mind me sharing a few of the many reasons I love him, stay right here and I'd be delighted to indulge you.

Dan is the perfect man for me. Absolutely perfect for me. Now I don't want you to think he's a perfect person. He's not. But he's exactly what I need and I'm so grateful every day that the Lord and I agreed on that one. He makes me laugh, especially when I'm in a grumpy mood. He just keeps going until I'm so irritated I'm laughing. Mood change completely.

Cleanliness: He's always picking up and cleaning up our apartment. During the week, I'm usually pretty busy with homework and studying for tests, so I have papers spralled out across our living room. I love that he just does the dishes after dinner and even stacks my homework into neat little piles so that it looks nice and cleaned up. He doesn't complain, and he just does it. It's the best thing ever.

I love that he loves to watch Disney movies with me. We've been on a Tangled and the Princess and the Frog kick lately and he gets just as excited about the movies as I do. I absolutely love that he'll indulge my child-like moments and spend the time with me.

He's always worthy to go to the temple and to take me there. We try to go every week and it's so fun to be able to make those very very special memories together and be helping other people as well. I love it.

Anyway, I just love the crap out of him and I'm so grateful I get to spend forever with him. How lucky am I.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Arielle, I didn't know about it. You two are wonderful and perfect together. Your feelings are normal when you are in love...all will be well. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE THE LOVE