Monday, November 12, 2012

Back in the saddle again

I feel like this will be a recurring cycle in my life. I hope that at least this time I will be able to maintain some sort of control over this cycle and stay in it for quite a bit longer (ideally the rest of my life). I went to the gym today. GASP. Anddddd ran 1.6 miles. Woot woot!

So before you get all "what's the big deal," here's the big deal:
1. I haven't seen the inside of the gym in months (literally)
2. I have way more stress and anxiety in my life than I can handle
    -PROOF: I started balling in my wound care pass off this morning. Can we talk about embarrassing?
3. I just want to feel good, and feel some sort of confidence again.
4. One of my best friends is getting married on Friday, which means lots of pictures. And I know that one week of exercising really won't make that much of a difference, but at least I will FEEL good about myself. And that kind of confidence totally carries over into pictures.

So I'm back in the saddle again. 1.6 miles down. Pretty freaking rough, but better late than never. And why put off till tomorrow what you can do today?

Any pump up running song suggestions would be much appreciated. I still want to run a 5 k on Thanksgiving...even if it takes me an entire hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE