Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Playin' my song

Do you have a song that just puts you in a good mood? Like there's nothing wrong in the world and everything is going your way? Like it doesn't matter if it's raining outside and you just bombed a test or forgot a homework assignment because everything is gonna be alright?

I do.

It changes from time to time, but lately it's been Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus. Now, before you go making a face about it, because believe me I'm not her biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, there's just something about this song. It's catchy. It's upbeat. It's happy. It feels like me lately, and every time I hear/play it, I want to start dancing around the room till I pass out and sing at the top of my lungs till my throat is sore.

It's the song lately that reminds me, or convinces me some days, that I'm on top of the world and the goal is in reach, it's almost there, and I can keep going. It reminds me to put a smile on my face and enjoy life where I'm at right now. That's a lot of thought going into Miley, but music is, and has always been, the best way to describe and express emotions.

So for your listening pleasure...and please go dance around your kitchen or living room and crank the volume up for 3 minutes. Just let loose and let everything else going on around you go. You'll feel better. I always do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE