Monday, January 3, 2011

Who needs 'em right??

Today was the fateful day. At approximately 745 this morning, I was on my way with my lovely mother to get the wisdom removed from my head. I'm pretty sure Dan's holding out that it'll make me a little less smart. Haha just kidding love :]

So I walked into the office about 8 am, and walked back into the surgery room about 805...yeah they were ready to get me in, take the teeth out, and then shoot me out the door. The nurse puts the laughing gas mask over my face and I can't say I'm the biggest fan of it. It starts to dry out the back of your nose!! She told me before she put the mask on though that it would make my fingers and toes tingle and make me feel like I'm floating.

HOLY VERTIGO! I felt like things were starting to spin...not super fast like it would make you sick, but just a little that I was thinking to myself "this isn't right." It's a pretty awkward feeling. The surgeon put the IV into my arm and the next thing I knew, I woke up on the couch at my house with gauze in my mouth.

After I woke up, I was talking to my mom about the little bits and pieces of things I remembered. I remember getting wheeled out into the wheelchair but not getting in the car. I remember looking up at the sky at some point on the drive. I remember my dad putting his arms around me to support me and being slightly frustrated because he had a pretty tight grip on my arm and because I thought I could make it into the house by myself. I remember trying to text Dan back and the keys just not typing the right things! It came out as so much gibberish and I was just trying to tell him that I'd text him later.  It was all in flashes too, just like the movies!

Waking up was the worst after I was already home. Ugh I felt so sick and just went to the sink and threw up. TMI I know...but it happened. It was awful because I didn't want to eat anything but my mom said I had better or else I'd just keep getting sick.

Pretty much my momma is amazing! She's made me whatever I wanted all day long. Shakes, mashed potatoes, and she even grinded up the spaghetti and meatballs we had for dinner so that I could eat it too. Despite the fact that it looked like baby food, it still tasted delish!!

So now I'm sitting here...pretty sick of the fact that I can't open my mouth too wide because it just is super sore and I'm mostly afraid of ripping out the stitches. Gauze and I are not friends right now either. Yuck it's been in my mouth all day long and I just don't want to put anymore in! Oh and I can't feel my bottom teeth or my bottom lip or my ears. LAME!!

Alright I'm done complaining. All in all, it's really not that bad. Honestly, it could me soo much worse! I'm not that swollen and I fully intend on keeping ice on them forever! Especially since I have a special visitor this weekend...and let's face it: swollen cheeks=NOT SEXY.

That's all for the evening. Eating a little ice cream, taking some vicodin, and hitting the sack. Should be a wonderful night's rest. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE