Thursday, January 20, 2011

You know you live in Arizona when you go tanning by the river in January

Seriously...the lives my roommates and I live. It's so hard, just let me tell you. Okay not really, I mean we went tanning by the freaking river today and read our books...while giggling like little girls about all sorts of things...mostly boys.

So yeah, we lead a pretty rough life down here. But today proved to be quite the adventure. So Raegan has been dying to go to the river for the last two day! Why you might ask? I haven't the faintest idea...she's a freak! And the water is freezing!! But today we decided to appease her, and we got all dressed to go. We decided to go to Cluff Ponds. Well, my car is currently in the process of dying on me. Go figure...it's all paid off and now it decides to start falling apart. Oh well, I guess it's about time something happened. That car is as trusty rusty as it gets. So the point of telling that was to tell you that Raegan had to drive out to Cluffs.

Well, it turns out the road is a lot smoother than I thought. Anyway, we get out to Cluffs and there are a million and one people there!!! What the heck! We just wanted to lay on the dock and read our books and tan...but apparently it was the day to go out fishing at four in the afternoon! I mean shouldn't they be at work or something?! So we decided to go to the river...after exploring a little bit of course down primitive roads and through barricades that were blocked off. Yes we're quite daring and adventurous down here...it's usually Raegan's fault.

On our way to the river, the highway was all blocked off! We later found out after running into an angry police officer (he really was quite rude--we just wanted to know where we should turn around), we found out that a tractor tipped over into the ditch!! How sad! I hope the guy that was driving it is okay.

We finally made it down to the river, layed out, and read our books and talked about boys and everything else for probably an hour or so. Then Abbie decided she was entirely too cold and we left. All in all, it was a pretty successful day...working on the tan and spending time with the roomies...but I still haven't applied to BYU. My mom JUST MIGHT kill me. Don't tell her....Abbie!


Quotes of the day:
Abbie to Cody: You just lost your privileges.

"Eat shit and die!"
"You are too twisted for colored TV."
"You are evil and you must be destroyed.
Mother Nature is taking care of that faster than you will."
                 --Steel Magnolias

1 comment:

  1. PSh! Hey lady I wasn't the only one who was cold! Not only was it chilly but there was A LOT of bugs!

    ReplyDelete

SHARE THE LOVE