Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm having a party...a party for two

Sierra Vista Weekend: BEST THING EVER!

Well this action packed weekend started off on Friday night. Let's just say that Thatcher has got to be one of the most exciting places around...especially when everyone just up and leaves. But really, it ends up being these times that we have the most fun. Well, we decided that we wanted to go out to Roper Lake because they had a hot tub so we wanted to go. When I say we, this is who I mean: Me, Dan, Raegan, Hannah Gunderson, Cody Elmer, Kelton Merrill, Blaine Greer, Brian Baldwin, Stephanie Daley, Hillary Savage, and Jessica Martindell.

So long story short, we go out to Roper and the guard is still there, so we went to the duck ponds at the fair grounds to wait until 1030 ish so we could go back there. We were running around playing tunnel tag and throwing the ball around. It was actually pretty fun. There was one point where I was frozen, so Blaine is going through my legs--keep in mind that Blaine is 6'3" or 6'4" so he's a tall guy--and he starts to stand up before he's gotten all the way through so his hips catch my legs and I end up jumping up and almost falling over because of it. It was so funny! But what was funnier what that not even 5 minutes later, the exact same thing happened to Jessica when Brian went to go under her!

We went back out to Roper and the guard was just patrolling around the park...so needless to say, we weren't getting into the hot tubs tonight. So we decided to go out to the river and have a bonfire and possibly get into the water. I mean it's only February. The water can't be that cold right? WRONG!! So we got the bonfire started and all the  boys went into the river and jumped in except for Blaine...pansy. Haha just joking. So then the boys spent the rest of the night throwing all of us girls in. Yeah that water was dang freaking cold. Don't worry, I tried to fight it and I have the bruises on the back of my legs to prove it, but to no avail. I still got dumped in. It. Was. Awesome. NOT.

Saturday morning, Dan and I left for Sierra Vista around 8 in the morning. We were only a half an hour late...and this is the first time that it's been my fault. I think that's a record or something. Anyway, we get to Sierra Vista around 10 and hung out with his parents for a little bit, made some muffins--which were delicious!, and then ended up taking like a two hour nap. I tell ya, naps might just be one of the best things ever. So after our lovely little nap, we made some chocolate chip cookies and popcorn. Are you seeing a theme here? We bake a lot! That night for dinner we went and got chipotle, and I'm pretty sure that was a little bit of heaven in a burrito. I haven't had that for over a year and it was sooo delicious. Thinking about it makes my mouth water. YUMMMM.

Sunday we had church at 1...so that kind of sucked waiting around forever for it to finally be 1. It was good though. I met all of Dan's friends and his bishop told us that we should just get married already. Haha funny stuff. So in Relief Society, they asked me to introduce myself and I was like "Umm...I'm Arielle." Then Megan butted in and said "She's my roommate and Dan Haban's friend" along with Sister Goates who also said "She's Dan Haban's friend!" Yeah I think I turned ten different shades of red and realized why I don't like being the visitor. It's so awkward! Haha his mom wasn't even there to introduce me :[ she was sick.

Matt and Rhianna got there around 5 and we had chicken enchiladas for dinner!! Oh man...you know I'm pretty biased when it comes to cooking because let's face it...my mom's is the best, but oh dang Dan's mom's cooking runs a dang close second. It's that good. See why I probably gained weight? Haha so we just hung out with them and played a game of Monopoly with cards. I don't remember what it was called but it was pretty fun.

Monday we had a delicious breakfast with eggs and bacon and french toast and then we went fishing. Well I've never been fishing...and the whole concept of it still being alive when you grab it out of the net to take the hook out of it's mouth is just NASTY! Matt caught the first fish and had it right behind my head so when I turned around...there was mister fish all flopping around right in my face!! YUCK! So I jumped up and screamed GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME! Everyone turned and looked at me...and then Dan's family started laughing at me...probably thinking why in the heck did we bring her along? But when Dan caught a fish, he made me hold it and oh my gosh I was holding that thing as far away from me as possible. The pictures will come one day, but they are pretty funny. I'm standing as far away from the fish as possibly while still holding it. It's hilarious. Then Dan and I hiked around the lake for a little bit. It was super pretty and we skipped some rocks...okay attempted to skip some rocks...we suck at it. Pretty bad.






Oh I neglected to mention how sunburned I got! I totally forgot to wear a hat or put on sunscreen! So my face looks like a tomato!! Monday night we went on a pajama run to McD's for a ice cream cone. It was delicious. On pajama runs though, you have to run out to the car in whatever you have on, so Dan wouldn't even let me put my shoes on so he gave me a piggy back ride to the car. Haha. We came back on Tuesday and it was just a fun little ride home. I was feeding Dan some chicken enchiladas and I was doing the airplane and the choo choo train because he was driving. Oh man...it's a good thing he loves me because sometimes I'm freaking weird. Haha.

Long story short: this weekend was the bomb dot com and I'm pretty sure I gained 10 lbs...and I loved every minute of it! The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE