Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Finer Things in Life

Here's some pictures of a couple of things that we've done/have happened since being here in Texas. I've vowed to take more pictures and I'm doing alright so far...could be better...but also could be a lot worse. Hopefully we'll have a good amount from this coming weekend. STOKED.

Exhibit A: Dan's black eye. Get this: It's from a belly flop. For correlation that morning, they did a bunch of water activity/swimming type contests. At least he won the belly flop contest right? This was taken maybe 30 minutes after he got back from correlation meeting.

Exhibit B: Green Mesquite BBQ in downtown Austin. So freaking delicious. We shared the bbq for four with Jaynee and Sean and it was fabulous! So much food, but so good! We definitely didn't leave hungry.

Exhibit C: DISHES!!! I got the package from my mom probably a month ago and a few days later, went to BBB and got my dishes!! I can't tell you how happy I was. Then the place mats were only $0.99 each! Score!!

Exhibit D: We made homemade pizza for dinner last Saturday night. Kudos to Sister Bale for the recipe for the dough (thank you!). Here's the pizza cookin away!

The finished product!!


We each had 2 pieces and we were full. I think it's pretty safe to say neither of us can pack it down like we used to...well Dan still can. Not me. But hey, I'm not complaining.

Exhibit E: My sexy husband in a cute apron I got for my bridal shower from Jacie Ames!

Exhibit F: These are the kinds of eggs we buy. Mostly because I'm too cheap to by the 18 pack from Walmart when I can save a dollar and get them from Costco.

Exhibit G: So, one of the tendons in my leg has been super sore lately. It's on the inside of my leg right behind my knee. Well I'm not an expert physical therapist or anything, but I know that that's not supposed to hurt. I'd been stretching before and after working out and even taking it a little easier on the bikes and elliptical. Both Dan and my mom told me to ice and heat it. So I did. When I stuck the towel in the microwave to warm it up, this is what happened.

I still don't know why it did that. But it came out of the microwave smoking and everything. Scary business. It must have had something on it, but seriously, that was the last thing I expected. Note to self: just throw it in the dryer next time.

And last but not least, this video is making me laugh hysterically right now. It's not like it's the first time I've seen it either. It's just really funny at the moment.


peace and blessings. Peace and Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE