Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Geez...you're like a hungry bird when a kid has a piece of bread

Fo real. Not really. I just saw that in a previous conversation and I was laughing my pants off at myself. Abbs knows better than anyone that I find myself pretty funny at times.

Anyway, what I really wanted to blog about today was myself (shocker). So today for some random reason I woke up and I could just tell it was gonna be one of those days that I wanted to crawl back into bed, climb under the covers, and hide from the rest of the world. Yeah...great start to the day. I made Dan's lunch and ate some breakfast, got dressed to go to the gym and then made my bed. You see, if I make my bed and it looks all nice, I rarely ever climb back into it, because let's face it...I'm a little lazy and I don't like making my bed more than once in a day.

I opened up all the blinds to let some light into our apartment, but I still couldn't shake this yucky feeling. To add insult to injury, Dan came home from correlation in not the best of moods. He wasn't mad or anything, but just in a downer kind of mood, and well I'm one of those people that feeds off of other people's moods, especially Dan's. Now this is gonna sound really bad, but it almost just made me more sad, probably because I knew I was going to be home by myself today and yesterday just plain sucked.

We read scriptures and I couldn't help myself. The tears just started to leak out of my eyeballs. I really feel pretty ridiculous lately because I feel like all I do is cry...about everything! I'm so not used to this! I get a good cry once a month...not once a week! I'm really considering getting my tear ducts removed so my poor husband doesn't have to deal with a weepy wife. It just sucks because I want to tell him how much I miss him during the day and stuff, but I can't because that just distracts him and then he doesn't do well. Stress!

So after he left, I packed up my stuff and went to the gym and I was determined to get a good work out in. I haven't done an honest hard work out probably all summer. So I did. I even dominated the treadmill. Hollah!! Anyway, then I laid out by the pool for an hour or so (hard life I know) and came home. But the best part was that even though I'm still by myself, I get to see him in just a few hours. And then I get to hang out with him for the rest of the evening. I was talking to my mom and venting a little bit about how I can't wait till he's got a 9 to 5 job when we move to Utah, and she said but just wait till October and he'll be home all the time and you'll be trying to get rid of him! Haha I love my mom! She can make every situation a little lighter.

At the end of the day, he gets to come home. And that's something I'm so grateful for. He could be fighting fires and be gone for weeks at a time. THAT would suck. I feel so bad for some of those wives. That's rough. So this post is super random, but that's my life. Moving to Utah in 22 days....very mixed emotions about that one. Oh well, I guess the only way to look at it is as a new adventure. A new chapter. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. It totally stinks to have a husband gone all the time. I feel ya. Blaine has always been gone a lot. And three out of the last 4 weeks alone. I should be used to it by now. Reading your post reminded me of when we were first married! I used to be weepy a lot at first, too. I'm sure you'll make it through just fine! You can always come over if you get bored, it's pretty much a circus all the time around here.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE THE LOVE