Monday, August 8, 2011

Let the good times roll

Lots and lots of good news and I'm just full to the brim with happiness about it! First of all, the air conditioning works. Let me say that one more time. THE AIR CONDITIONING IN THE CAR WORKS!! Yeah, this morning was pretty epic. We went down to the auto shop that the elder's quorum president had recommended to us, and it turns out that it's not going to cost us nearly as much because only one engine mount needs to be replaces!! We had originally gotten quoted $1300 to fix 3 engine mounts and the spark plugs and a couple of other things. It turns out this guy actually worked at a honda dealership so he knows them really well. Answer to prayers!

On a funnier note, Dan pulled the "Pull my finger" thing again....only this time it was HUGE! I was laughing so hard for seriously 10 minutes. It was just the kind of comic relief I needed. 

Last night, we were reading scriptures before we went to bed. We're trying to catch up because we've missed a couple of days and we want to finish the D&C before I leave for Utah. It was really interesting because there's obviously some things that I'm not going to completely understand that Dan does just from him serving a mission. It was fun to actually be "studying" with him and learning more about what they're talking about in the scriptures instead of just reading them to read them. We ended up being up till almost 1 and didn't even realize it till we'd finished. I felt so bad because he's probably super tired today, but I so enjoyed spending that time with him!

So I'm moving next week! That's so crazy! I'm still not packing/cleaning till next week though. It'll be way too depressing if I start right now. But some more good news! One of Dan's manager's told him that as soon as he hits his goal he can leave! So if he hits it in the middle of September he can pack up and come to Utah! I'm so excited because we won't be apart for nearly as long (hopefully!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE