Friday, August 5, 2011

Pull My Finger

So this is actually about a couple of things. I've been meaning to blog for a couple of days and I just keep putting it off, which isn't good either because then I just find more things to blog about and the posts end up being miles and miles long.

On a side note: I just thought you should know that my house is FINALLY clean (not that it's that hard to keep our little apartment clean, but it's been a 2 day project and now it smells delicious) and there's cookies in the oven. Yeah, our apartment smells AMAZING right now.

Back on topic. Sunday night, Dan and I drove down to the Congress Avenue Bridge to see the bats. Yes, bats. There's hundreds of them that fly out every night right as the sun is going down. It's a pretty big claim to fame here in Austin so we figured we should probably check it out while we're here. Now this bridge is over a HUGE river, and by huge I mean at least 3 times the size of the Gila River in Thatcher. It's a good size river. Anyway, we're walking down to get a seat in the shade on the grass and let me tell you, it smelled NASTY! Like nasty putrid river smell. Yuck. We were there for almost an hour before all the bats started coming out.

It was pretty insane the amount of bats that were flying out and around this bridge. We even got these cool pins when we went there. This nice old man was handing them out.

Oh and here's a cute picture of us. We love each other....clearly.

Then just the other night, we were sitting down eating dinner and we were laughing and joking about a lot of things. Mostly him blaming me for all his farts. Real mature I know, but we're mature kind of people. Haha that's a good joke! So Dan turns to me and has this super funny look on his face and says "Pull my finger." Well of course when anyone says this, you know it's about farting, but it rarely ever works. Just for kicks and giggles, I pulled his finger. He farted. Night made. It was absolutely hilarious. And right on cue too. I pretty much just love the crap outta him.

Oh and one last thing, so our AC in the car went out last week. Suck fest. It's been just a little toasty outside. So it only works on power 1 and doesn't circulate throughout the car. You pretty much have to shove your face right up next to the vent to keep from profusely sweating. No joke, I'm not even being dramatic at all. I purposely go grocery shopping at 8 in the morning just so I can have the windows down and still be at a comfortable temperature. And to top it all off, it's been the hottest week all summer. I'm talking 110, 115. Not exactly the weather you want to be driving in without the blessed air conditioning. On the bright side, we've saved a TON in gas by not running the air conditioning. I'm talking like an extra 50 to 100 miles on a tank of gas. Yeah. Talk about a blessing in disguise.

I have been finding all these good quotes from Jeffrey R Holland lately, he's my favorite apostle. One in particular that I really love though and definitely hits home lately:
"Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE