Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Today I'm grateful

So I was writing in my journal this morning about an experience that had happened on Sunday and I realized that I'm leaving in 9 days. 9. We're not even in the two digits anymore. I find myself practically biting my tongue off so that Dan will go to work instead of begging him to stay. Begging him to just lay in bed with me and hold me for the rest of the day. I think that's my favorite part about our entire day. I get to wake up with his arms around me and go to bed with them around me. He came home for lunch and to go pick up our car from the mechanic shop. I was just relishing the moment and kind of taking it all in, and it's making me sad. I know that as soon as he hits his goal, he'll hit the road hard. But it's still crappy to think about being apart for so long. So I'm going to remind myself of everything I've been blessed with.

1. Gilbert-He fixed our car today and it runs so smoothly! It's not shaking anymore or anything, and the air conditioning works! And all for a little less that $200. Way better than the $1300 we got quoted!

2. School-As much as I'm dreading BYU, I'm kind of excited. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have to gain an education and make something of myself.

3. The Temple-I called today to make an appointment for Dan and I to go to the San Antonio Temple next Wednesday. I'm so incredibly thrilled to finally be going again! I am going to love that in Utah we'll be so close to one.

4. Family-I've got the best family in the entire world. My parents that are always ready and willing to help or offer advice. My in laws that are also a wealth of information and knowledge that have helped Dan and I both with lots of advice as well.

5. Heavenly Father-He knows me so well, it's scary. He's always there for me and even when I feel alone during the day, He's there and is constantly reminding me that I'm never alone.

6. Dan-He's my rock and my strength. Jaynee told me about a month and a half ago when we were talking about how much we love our husbands that I'd be surprised and how much it grows. She was right. I love him so much more than I ever have and it just keeps growing as we sacrifice together, we go through trials together, and we always put the each other and the Lord first. I am so very grateful for him and everything he has sacrificed for me and to provide for our family. I'm so grateful that he married me. I'm the lucky one.

Lastly, I'm grateful my family is eternal. Forever. That's the best feeling in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE