Thursday, September 6, 2012

MOTAB Pandora

I went for a jog last night as part of this new little lifestyle change I've started. It was great, just a quick 20 minute jog around the block. But as I turned the first corner, my Pandora switched from my upbeat/loud "Call Me Maybe" radio (don't judge...it's catchy) to MoTab. I looked down and almost changed it. I really have to get out of my own head to run, and didn't think MoTab would cut it, but for some reason I decided to just leave it. Maybe it would be okay. Maybe I could find some peace.

I definitely found the peace. It was way more relaxing than any run I've ever gone on. As I turned the last corner, pretty much a straight shot home, this song came on by Hilary Weeks. She's one of my favs to listen to on Sunday getting ready for Church.

This song hit home, not only to recognize the Savior's hand in my life, but also on a much deeper note. My grandma passed away Tuesday, very peacefully, and from what I've heard from my mom, she looked like she had just sat down in her chair to take a nap. This part makes me happy because she didn't suffer, and she was with my Grandpa again. But I don't think it really hit me until I was listening to that song last night. I just sat on my porch steps and cried for a minute. I miss that little lady. And if there's one thing I regret, it's not taking Dan over to see her when we were down in Arizona in February. I tell him so many stories about her, so hopefully that will suffice through this lifetime till he can meet her in the next.

Point being, the Lord's hand is in my life. He blesses me so tremendously and I don't say thank you enough. He knows what I need, and when I need it. How do you even begin to measure that kind of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE