Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The BIG 25 for the Mister

Let's just say that Dan's birthday started out less than ideally. We went up to my grandparents house on Sunday night for dinner and just to see them. It was great and really good to see them, but we both had quite a bit of homework that had to be turned in either Sunday night, or before class Monday morning. Thankfully, we both had brought our computers to work on homework in case we had some down time. There was definitely some inspiration on that decision. Anyway, we are getting ready to leave, and it's pretty cold outside at this point, and the car won't start. Little background: the connection to our battery has been loose for the last few weeks and periodically we have to go set a piece of wood on top of the positive connection to keep the connection to the battery to start the car. So, we didn't think too much of it. Tried to start the car...nothing. Not even a click. Long story short, Dan was outside for almost an hour and a half trying to figure out how to fix our car and nothing was working. We ended up staying at my grandparents house that night. 

We didn't sleep much. Something about the combination of stress and homework and not sleeping in your own bed will do that to you. Dan did not go to class on Monday, and neither did I. Unfortunately, Dan had an in class test that he obviously missed. After working on the car for seriously hours, and going to AutoZone at least once, he fixed it!! This little gem below fixed our car! And in the words of Dan: If we ever need to disconnect the battery it will have to be from the negative side because that's not coming off! He changed the terminal on the positive side of the battery, and after having the horn honk at him one too many times (I think the car thought we were stealing parts because it was the alarm horn going off), the car was fixed and we were able to get back home!

Before leaving, my Gramma took us to lunch at Cafe Rio for Dan's birthday. I'm a big lover of Mexican food, and it's quite the understatement to say I'm disappointed at the Mexican food selection in Utah. Something about being north of Arizona completely changes the taste of the food, and it's not the same. And everyone raves about Cafe Rio here and I honestly don't think it's that great...until yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised and actually really liked the food this time! Dan loves Cafe Rio too, so he was pretty happy!

Fast forward a few hours, and Dan is at work for the last few hours of the day, and since I was not able to make it to class, I hit up wally world for a few last minute birthday necessities. One of Dan's favorite things when it comes to cakes is yellow cake with chocolate frosting. If they're in a cupcake form, it's even better. Seriously, he loves them. It's cute.

I've been trying to figure out what to get for Dan's birthday that wasn't ridiculously expensive, especially with Valentine's day 3 days later. He had mentioned the other day that he really wants a REAL iron (as in regular size) and ironing board. So that's what I got him! I was a little worried that he really wouldn't like that, as much as he really wants a bigger iron. It would be easier to iron all his shirts, and much faster!



He loved it!! I love when I can get him stuff he actually likes. I always worry because shopping for men is so so hard (all the wives/girlfriends out there can appreciate that!) and seriously expensive when they have an expensive hobby (hunting). 

He liked it so much, he set it up right in the living room and ironed 3 or 4 of his shirts right then.
 This was at my Gramma's house earlier that day.

Happy Birthday to the best husband a girl could ever ask for and to this little guy. I can't believe he's already 6!! It breaks my heart we couldn't be together on their birthday, but that's what Skype is for right?! 

February 11th may just be one of my favorite days out of the year. Two of my most favorite people in the world get to share that day together and I can't think of a better way to share your birthday than with family (especially when they're as cute as Kason is!).

Happy Birthday Dan! And here's to many many more to come. This will be the best year yet :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE