Thursday, February 28, 2013

Winner winner Chicken dinner!

Let me start off by saying I never win anything. Ever. So much to the point that I stop even trying because I'm just like "ehh...whatevs." You know the feeling. Second, my best friend is getting married next week (HOLLAH) so you can only guess what that means....ARIZONA NEXT WEEK! I'm so stoked to get out of this horrendous cold weather and see some sunshine that actually has some heat packed into it! Of course, I'm also starting to get sick. It hit me yesterday, and today it's gotten worse. I think it's just a cold, but I've been downing mucinex like a mother to try and nip it in the butt. 

But back to contests. Dan works with a lady who is a part of this blog: http://ryrpacers.blogspot.com. Check it out. It's actually pretty cool. Well they were having a giveaway and Dan said we should enter because the prize was compression socks. I have been looking  into getting a pair of stockings for nursing because I can already feel my legs hurting halfway through the shift. I really really REALLY do not want varicose veins either. Hand over the granny stockings and keep my legs looking pretty! Anyway, so we entered the contest. Moved on with life, did homework, and went to bed. Oh and I took some mucinex...

I had lab this morning. Chest tubes and phlebotomy. Great fun actually, except we didn't know we were sticking each other. Luckily, it was successful on all fronts. I had a successful draw and Morgan had a successful draw on me! Susie (one of our instructors) had a vein finder/scanner type thing. I think we decided it reads the oxygenation off your skin with this red light...anyway, your veins are completely black under this light. It was LEGIT!! This is what it looked like under the light, except pretend the light was red instead of green. Same idea though. (picture pulled from the internet-I was too fascinated to take my own picture)

I have research right after, and I had 2 different texts from Dan saying Guess what?! Well, 2 hours later, I texted him back and then he said that I had won the compression socks!!! I totally didn't believe him, because I really never win anything. I checked on my phone though, and sure enough I had won! 
Crazy stuff huh?! Anyway, it just about made my entire day. That, and I didn't hyperventilate when Morgan was sticking me with the needle. I really am quite ridiculous and seriously traumatized. Oh well...it can only go up from here! So these are the kind of socks I'm getting! I picked black just so Dan and I can both wear them. I'm so so excited!!! (Photo from procompression.com).

Happy Thursday everyone!! Off to run errands and get crap done. 
ARIZONA BOUND NEXT WEEK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE