Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving

It is by far my favorite holiday of the ENTIRE year! Although, it might come in a close second after our anniversary...but that's not till May. So for now, Thanksgiving is up up up there on my list of favorites. Can I let you in on a secret though? I HATE HATE HATE (don't judge) that the radio stations are already playing Christmas music!!! It's like a crime against humanity. So I found a T Swift CD and was jamming out going to school--yes I was that girl that was belting out TSwift at the top of her lungs on the way to and from school. If you passed me, you're welcome for the entertainment.

Anyway, I am so excited beyond excited for Thanksgiving this year for several reasons.
1. It's mine and Dan's first Thanksgiving together--always exciting to have "firsts"
2. My family is going to be here! Woot woot!! I am seriously so stoked that I can't even handle it!!
3. My momma is bringing my "wedding present" for me! aka fresh TURKEY!!! (as in the turkey died 2 days earlier). If any of you know me, for the last couple of years, we've been killing our turkey at a family friend's home. Up to our elbows in blood and guts...and it's the best memories! So I was pretty depressed about having to get a frozen turkey from the store that's been there for who knows how long. So you can understand my excitment when my mom called me and told me that I had one last wedding present, and it was weighing in at about 20 ish (give or take 5) lbs. Yeah...day MADE!

Also, since Thanksgiving is close, that means my #6 (heck yeah 6!!!) month anniversary is coming up! I'll save that for another post, but I'm soo sooo excited about that too.

On the down side, I've got at least 2 (possibly 3) tests to get through before the blessed Thanksgiving break can come. Another downside: I'll probably spend all of break studying for finals--most likely American Heritage...ugh I despise that class.

Today, though, I'm so very very thankful for so many things.
1. Everyone who is/was in the Armed Forces--You guys are champs and I am so grateful for all that they do for us, to protect those freedoms that some use to slam the military. We truly live in the land of the free BECAUSE of the brave.
2. My cute little apartment--I'm pretty convinced that by the time we move again, Dan and I will come out of this place leaving some of our best memories behind. I can't even begin to count how many times we've laughed hysterically on the kitchen floor, or how excited we get during Grey's Anatomy or Fringe (or in Dan's case, how upset he was about how Grey's ended last night), and all the late night chats about whatever's on our minds.
3. My Seester--I have absolutely loved having my sister here at BYU with me. I don't feel nearly as alone on campus because I know she's close. I love hearing her crazy stories about things she and her roommates and FHE brothers do. It reminds me of all the crazy things I did with my roommates and honestly wonder how we ever came out of half the things we did without a scratch.
4. Family--I miss them so much, and I hate feeling like I'm missing out on their lives. I guess everyone's got to grow up and move on at some point, but it's still stinky! I am so grateful for my family and the strength and support they are to me and Dan. I know they're always praying for us and it's so nice to know that there's someone rooting for us (even if they're kinda far away). I'm grateful for the home I grew up in with so much love between my siblings and I and knowing that whatever happens, we've always got each other's backs. I'm grateful for my dad who taught me what to expect out of my future husband, and that he always honors his priesthood. You never know how much you take the priesthood in your home for granted until it's not there anymore. I'm grateful for my mom, who is hands down, the best mom I could have ever asked for.
5. My In-Laws--I absolutely love them! I'm so grateful I married into a wonderful family that loves and cares about us so much! It's so nice to call and talk to them. I can't wait till we get to see them again! I know Dan misses them.
6. Dan--I wouldn't be anywhere without him. He is everything to me, and I'm so grateful each and every day that my Heavenly Father and I agreed on him. He goes to work every day, sometimes at 6 am, and takes care of us. I love that he lets me just focus on school for now. I'm sure he's planning on reciprocating that after I graduate and am making dolla dolla bills as a nurse, so he can finish up in school. He's my best friend, hands down, and I'm so grateful I get to spend the rest of my life, and eternity with him.

I'm sure once Thanksgiving itself actually rolls around, I'll have a grand list to share! But for now, that's all.

"I feel my Savior's love, the love He freely gives me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE