Friday, November 4, 2011

Grateful

I got into the nursing program! Woot Woot!! Huge blessing and stress at the same time. Mostly a blessing because I want to be done with school eventually and start having babies! Okay, but really, I do want to have a family, and sometime soon. I don't wanna be an old momma. Anyway, back to the stress part, now I just feel all this pressure to do even better in my classes. I feel like my grades don't reflect the actual student that I am, like I don't study and I don't try to do well, and I do. So I've been kind of down about that as of late, but I can do this. I can do this. As long as I have Dan and the Lord on my side, I can do this.

Dan got two jobs this week! Yes...2!!! We are both beyond ecstatic and he won't have to work on Sunday's either. They are both such a blessing for us. And he's finally getting better!! He really has hated being so sick and not being able to work. Poor guy has been couped up in the house all the time while I'm at school. But now he can get out of the house finally!!

We have been so blessed lately. Honestly, I was feeling pretty sorry for us just because he was having such a hard time finding a job, and then he just got so sick. I seriously felt like we couldn't catch a break. Well, I read a great quote on my sister's blog today: The night is always darkest just before the dawn. It felt so true when I was reading it today. Looking back on this trial we've got through together, we came out on the other side and we're stronger together because of it. We've laughed so much, cried a lot, and still we're happy and we're together. It felt like we were never going to get out from under this one, and so many things have come through for us.

The Lord loves us, and it is so clearly evident in ever aspect of our lives. We're healthy (well almost!), we're happy, we have a fabulous ward, and we love each other. At the end of the day, its our faith in the Lord, and the love that we have for each other that matters. With both of those, we'll make it through anything that life can and probably will throw at us.

Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. It is inspiring! I loved reading this part because I taught about (gratitude) in YW on Sunday and how we need to be grateful for our challenges and trials as well as our blessings, they help us grow. You've already got the lesson. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE THE LOVE