Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th.

I'm not a superstitious person. Never have been. It's something I pride myself on a little bit.
In fact, I'm so not superstitious that I chose to get married on May 13th...which happened to be a Friday. My dad even asked me when I was planning the wedding if I didn't want to move it up a day and get married on the 12th. I said nope!! (of course!)

Looking back...I just wanted to share a couple of my favorite pictures from that day.

Walking out of the temple. I distinctly remember after the sealing and everyone had walked out of the room, it was just Dan and I, we were smiling uncontrollably, and I could finally breathe. Like all of this pressure and stress to make sure we were in the right place at the right time was lifted. We had made it. And we're together for time and ALL eternity. The best feeling in the entire world.

Some of the friends and family that were able to be there and share our day.

I miss these two girls more than words can say. I love love love our skype times more than anything, and it's so good to catch up and realize how great my best friends are. We're crazy, we're silly, and we definitely still have not changed. I can't wait till we're all in the same state again!!!

Over the last year and a half, I've come to realize how truly great and wonderful my sisters are. Really. I lucked out with my in laws, and I couldn't ask for better sisters. I love talking to them! I love feeling comfortable around them too, like I really belong to this family. I couldn't ask for better sisters than Jami and Rhianna.

I love love love these girls. And I'd do anything for them. Being married, and moving away has been so good for our relationships because I really want to talk to them and hear about their lives, where before I really took it for granted how much I saw them and got to spend time with them. I really think you grow closer as a family when you have to branch out and grow.

This picture always makes me laugh because Dan and I were both so so tired. Running on no sleep and no food for the last 2 days. So graciously, Wendy Terry offered to run down to the Circle K and get us some drinks. Naturally, I chose the dew...of course. And Dan did too. It was amazing, and I'm so glad that BrieAnna got a picture with the drinks in it!

Love my girlfriends! Even though we've all gone separate ways, I love seeing little news feeds pop up on FB about how their doing. And one of these lovely ladies is getting married tomorrow!! Congrats Jacq!

Dan and I had the best friends at EA! Seriously, the BEST group of friends. And 3 of the people in this picture are getting married this year...so far. I'm sure there will be more. I love looking at pictures of us and remembering all the good times we had in Thatcher, all the trouble we got into, and the many many nights of exciting games/pranks/bonfires/river expeditions.

Cutting the cake. Love this picture. One of my all time faves.

Dancing with my daddy.
"I loved her first" by Heartland


So much in love...you're alone in this place, like there's nobody else in the world.

"Give In to Me" Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester

Happy Friday the 13th. I think it's my favorite day ever.
Love my husband. And I'm so so grateful to have him forever :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE