Thursday, July 19, 2012

True. Honest. Love.

I heard this song while watching the Bachelorette the other night and I fell in love. Completely, and hopelessly in love with it. Like I kind of wish I would have found it before Dan and I got married so we could have danced to it. Oh well, I'm coming up with a whole new list of songs to be our songs. (Don't barf at that...sorry I'm sentimental today).

Anyway, so last night...actually the last couple of weeks...have been killer stressful on both Dan and I. Let's just say that between me working 50+ hours a week and Dan working at least 70, we don't really have a lot of...alone time per say. We just don't have time to sit and talk to each other and just enjoy each others company. It's quite sad actually. So the point of that was all this frustration reared an ugly head last night. And I took that frustration out on Dan. Horrible. Completely awful actually.

I hate fighting, but at the same time, I feel like after we get over it, we get so much closer. We grow closer. We fight for what we want, and we fight to stay together, to work it out, and to grow closer, and move towards forever.

I think at the end of it, fighting makes me want this to work more. It forces me to realize how much I want him in my life, by my side, forever. Bottom line, I love Dan. I love having him by my side through everything. He's my best friend and I can't imagine my life without him.

"I could hold out my arms, say 'I love you this much.' I could tell you how long I will long for your touch. How much and how far would I go to prove the depth and the breadth of my love for you?
From here to the moon and back: Who else in the world will love you like that?
Love everlasting, I promise you that, from here to the moon and back."

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE