Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vacation

 
Last Thursday, we jumped on a plane at 9:40 pm going from Denver to Salt Lake City. We landed around 11:10 pm, got picked up by my gramma and great gramma, and hit the sheets pretty hard. We
were both pretty tired
Friday, we met up with Dan's family at the Draper temple to see them! We haven't seen them since February! We also got to see little Camden!! Oh my goodness I'm in love! As soon as Matt and Rhianna got out of the car with him, I ran over and just snatched him up. He was so smiley and happy and chubby! So seriously adorable. We met up with them before they headed up to Salt Lake to go to Temple Square and we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple for my sister in law's wedding.

The sealing was at 3 and you're supposed to be there 30 minutes early. We got there and headed upstairs to wait to be take to the sealing room. Not going to lie, as soon as we got up there, everyone knew exactly who we were. I mean there's no denying it. Kason looks exactly like Dan. It honestly made it kind of awkward, but we brushed it off. I guess if people are going to stare you should hold yourself together a  bit right?

Well anyway, we walk into the sealing room and I was immediately overwhelmed with a sense of peace and security, only the kind the temple can bring, except it was stronger, more reassuring. Through this entire experience, I've been calm, level headed, and honestly super excited for Jami! I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose Dan, and then she found Brad, and I still couldn't be happier for her! But about 2 hours before the wedding, I started to worry. Not about Jami, because I knew she was sure, but about Dan. I didn't know how he would handle it. I knew he was happy for her, and he wanted to be there, but it was his brother.

Anyway, back to the peace. It was amazing. I started tearing up right then and there...not a good sign when you still have to make it through the actual sealing! I enjoyed that peace so so much. I can't even begin to describe it. I didn't ever have the privilege to know Kam, but I've heard plenty of stories about him. And from what I heard, I knew he was there in that sealing room that day, if only for Dan and I to be reassured, but it was exactly what I needed.

Jami and Brad walked in, they were sealed, and I couldn't keep the tears back. I was so incredibly happy for her, and Brad. We walked by to congratulate them, I gave Brad a hug (awkward for the first meeting?) and just told him to take care of her, because we love her and Kason. Still crying. All it took was one look and Jami and I were both crying again. I just gave her a big hug, told her I loved her, and that I'd see her that night at the reception. I really don't think I could've said anymore...I was crying too much.

We walked out of the temple and immediately started looking for Kason. I just wanted to see him. We found him running around in front of the temple. I called out his name, he looked, and with a huge grin on his face started running towards us. He jumped (literally) into my arms and gave me the biggest hug in the entire world! He hugged me, looked at me and smiled, and hugged me again. It was the best feeling ever! That little boy has my heart wrapped around his finger, and he probably knows it too. I guess that's what I get for watching him every week for the last year.

We walked around for a bit waiting for Brad and Jami to come out. Finally they did!! Haha. They looked so so so happy!! It made me a little nostalgic for my own wedding. I remember that feeling. Vividly. It's one of the best feelings in the world. I love the look on Brad's face because you could just tell how much he loves Jami, and Kason.

 Just walking out the doors!!
 

This was so precious! They walked out and Kason came running up to give Jami and big hug!

Love this new little family so so much!!

So funny story...after they took a couple pictures, the photographer asked everyone to go up and congratulate them. Well...everyone kind of stared at each other wondering who would go first. Awkward. Jami's dad, Jeff, decided to break the ice and gave her a big hug. Then Dan and I went over and congratulated both of them (minus the tears this time) and then we left.


Her shoes were awesome! Toms!! And Brad had on Chucks!! So legit!!


We went down to Lehi to meet back up with Dan's mom and dad. We stopped at their hotel, hung out for about an hour or so, and then got ready...again...to go to the reception (which I didn't take pictures of...DUMB!!!). I love it though! She had so many cute decorations. I got nostalgic...again! I think I really just love weddings...especially the pictures. She had lights strung across the backyard and had red, yellow, and white Chinese lanterns covering some of them, and some of the lights just bare. It looked so cute! She also had a chalk board with their love story written on it. It had all the different times they would fly to see each other, when they said I love you, when he proposed, all of it. Precious! They also had (and this was my personal fav) a jar for a "Honeymoon Fund." Genius idea!! I wish I would have thought about that! Pretty much I just loved it all. She had antique doors, a big J with a little B and J on the sides, it was just awesome. Major props on the decor!!

It was fun just to be there and see her so happy. We took pictures with Camden and Kason, and we also took a big family picture with Jami and Brad, but that one will have to wait till her photographer gets her pictures back.

Everyone at the reception was loving on Camden though! I mean he is pretty much the cutest little baby ever, but the photographer was in love with him! It was hilarious to watch because we'd look over every so often and there she was snapping pictures of him!

Matt, Rhianna, Kason, and Camden.

After the reception, we went and grabbed some food at Texas Roadhouse before we went back to pick up Kason for the night. It was so yummy and so fun to be there together with my family. Camden was being fussy, and I felt so bad that Rhianna couldn't eat her food, so I grabbed him from her and just rocked him in the booth. He fell right to sleep too. It was so adorable, and it was right then that I just felt like one day I'll be a good mommy...hopefully :].

Dan and I drove back to Lehi to pick up Kason and go back to the hotel and swim. Well by the time we got back to the hotel it was 11, and unfortunately the pool closes then, so we just planned on going that next morning. I wasn't worried about Kason sleeping with Dan and I because Ethan has slept in my bed so many times that I didn't think it was a big deal. Well I severely underestimated his ability to roll from one side to the other in the middle of the night. He would roll from being right next to Dan to being right next to me. Back and forth. But it was okay. The next morning though, Dan and I were pretty exhausted. Dan however, did NOT want to get up. It was kind of cute. It reminded me of the time we were supposed to go to Six Flags and he wasn't out of bed until 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave! We skipped breakfast, went to the pool and swam for a few hours. I have a million and a half pictures from there, but I'll spare you. One day I'll upload a good one to fit right in here.

This is Kason trying to push Dan off the bed so that he would get dressed so we could go swimming! Haha. After swimming, we went to IHOP for breakfast, and then drove back to Lehi to drop Kason off with his Grandpa Jeff so he could spend time with him before he left too.


We took a bunch of pictures back at Jami's house with Kason, and then we left and drove up to my Gramma and Grampa's cabin for the rest of the weekend. We got a little lost on the way there, but once we figured it out, we arrived just fine! We finally met Caitlin's boyfriend David and had a really fun time on Saturday talking and enjoying each other's company.

We saw some deer, well quite a few deer actually, while we were there. It was super cool!! I haven't seen that many deer up there in a long long time! Princess Caitlin was actually down under the balcony and tossing carrots at the deer and they kept coming closer and closer. They had to have been at most 5 feet away. It was pretty cool! And I had to get a picture in with Dan and the deers. Him, Matt and his Dad were just dying that the deer were so close and they couldn't be hunting ;].

My Grampa made mountain trash the next morning (tradition of course!) and everyone loved it!! The Haban's left that morning and headed back to Az. We decided to skip out on Church that day...terrible, don't judge...and we just hung out some more. I really don't know what we did on Sunday to be honest. Dan and I left for the airport at 4 so we could make it for our flight. We actually ran into Jeff at the airport and sat next to him on the flight home. It was nice to talk with him and enjoy the company. We got back to Denver safe a sound, and as soon as we stepped off the plane, I wanted to go back.


I don't think so much that I want to be back in Utah, but I just want to come back to school...to our friends...to our family. I think the vacation was exactly what we needed, and to be reminded that we do actually like it there. It was so great to see our families, to be able to see Brad and Jami get sealed in the temple, to see Kason, and to just be together again.

Not going to lie...I'm looking forward to summer vacations next summer. It will be grand.

Oh and this picture was too cute not to share.

And just because we need a new picture update...
I think we're pretty cute if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. How have a never seen this post before!?! Thanks for the trip down memory lane ;) That day seriously was perfect in so many ways - I want to get married to Brad again & again! And ... you sat next to my dad on the flight home!? Random. I guess I was in my newlywed state of bliss after the wedding and missed all of this fun info!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

SHARE THE LOVE