Thursday, October 14, 2010

...but I'm an open book.

Okay so when Abbie and I were making my blog yesterday, I couldn't think of anything to call it. At a loss for words, I decided upon this...They have curtains, and just to explain it's an inside joke. But as I've been thinking about it a little more, and don't think I'm trying to be all deep and thoughtful about it, because that's definitely not where I was ever intending on going with this, but I was just thinking how much of an open book my life is. Honestly, if anybody wanted to know anything about me, all they'd have to do is ask and I would tell them. So I was just thinking about how curtains sometimes keep creepers and people from looking into your home and blocking out things. Well I don't have any.

I'm having some serious self-consciousness issues writing to this invisible audience that does not exist...except for Kendra and Abbie. But, issues aside, I will continue to write in the hopes that one day I can copy and paste this into a journal--an idea I totally stole from Abbie--and listen to the counsel of the prophets to keep a journal. The whole pen and paper thing...not really my style. So I suppose this will have to suffice. It's only taken me till college to get here, but better late than never right?

Today I saw this post on facebook about sisters and it made me very grateful for mine. It says SISTERS ARE A PROMISE FROM GOD THAT YOU WILL HAVE A FRIEND FOREVER. I'm so grateful for mine. We don't always get along and we're all at different stages in our lives, making it a little difficult to relate to each other, but this post made me realize how much of a blessing each of them are. I've been blessed with three of them that are each different and unique and bring something more to our collective relationship as sisters. I hope that one day, we can all be the best of friends and lean on each other for everything.

On a less serious note, the breast cancer awareness volleyball game was last night...pictures will come later...much later. This blogging thing is entirely difficult to get used to. Anyway, back to the volleyball game. So everyone is wearing pink and there was a guy that walked in with a shirt that said: Protect them! Cause we love them! So awesome! Haha I loved it!!

Anyway, to end this nice lovely little freaking RANDOM post, geez I feel like a schizophrenic, let's just say I take life not nearly seriously enough. My friends and I have no grip on reality whatsoever. We laugh entirely too much. Say way too many random things--that all end up on post it notes on our board in the kitchen. Stay up till the wee hours of the morning and watch the sunrise--which we never remember what gets talked about. But in the end, we're happy. And it's these memories that we'll remember. The ones that we look back on years from now. This is the part of college we'll remember. And I intend to make the most of it. So here's my little disclaimer: forgive the carelessness and out-of-touch-with-reality-ness that I experience and will write about on a (hopefully) regular basis. After all, they say the more you laugh the longer you live. :]

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT, TOO! So cute. You're gonna be good at this; I can tell already.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE THE LOVE