Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thrift Store Shopping, Surprises, Fun Dates, Apple Orchards, Ladybug Hikes, and Fugitive

Wow...let's just say it's been an insane weekend. But, a good insane. A great insane. A fantastic insane. So let's just start from the beginning shall we?

FRIDAY: After I got done with classes and Raegan got home from work, Hannah Gunderson, Abbie, Raegan and I went thrift store shopping! The end goal for this adventure was to get our halloween costumes!! Right before we went shopping though, Raegan and I went to WalMart to go grocery shopping, because I was OUT of food. I got a question of the day text from Hannah: What is your favorite kind of flower? Well let's see...tulips and sunflowers. So we get home, and go thrift store shopping. This grand adventure was successful! Hannah, Abbie and I all got our moo-moos to wear on halloween!! SHHHH!It's a secret! Don't tell anyone...KENDRA. :] We even tried on antique wedding dresses, and let's just say that we all look absolutely fabulous in white. Haha.

We got home from thrift store shopping and started watching a movie. There's a knock on our door and I peaked my head over to see who it was, and it was Dan!!!!!! He was supposed to be in Texas still with the football team and they'd actually gotten home earlier that day and he didn't tell me! So I saw him, and then leaned back into the couch and stared forward for what probably seemed like forever. Then I've got Nicole Baldwin yelling at me to get up and give him a hug! DUH! But I yelled back at her (she's sitting right next to me): I can't! I'm in shock! Which honestly, I had no idea how to react to that. I was gonna leave him a note on his truck and everything and I just hadn't planned on him being home early. So thoughts aside, I got up and gave him a hug and he had FLOWERS!!! Sneaky sneaky Hannah! Haha they were so pretty! Then he asked if I wanted to go on a date tonight, and OF COURSE I DID!

On the date was Brian Baldwin, Brenna Bell, Cody Elmer, Becca Streeter, and Dan and I. The boys made dinner for us, biscuits and gravy...MY FAVORITE!! Then we went to WalMart to pick out a pumpkin to carve at a later date, and we had to pick out stuff to make a costume for two people for under $15. Dan and I were walking around and seriously had no ideas of what to be, so we ended up in the fabric section. Then out of no where, Dan had the idea to be a giant lovesac. Now the dilemma was just what fabric to get. Well no worries, we settled...and I mean settled...for BRIGHT ORANGE FLEECE fabric. Yeah, it was awesome. Brenna saw us getting it and was like, are you guys gonna be traffic cones?! Close, but good idea. Haha. We went back to the boys apartment and got dressed. Becca and Cody were Raggedy Anne and Andy. Brenna and Brian were a cowgirl and a prego Indian (Brenna was the Indian). It was pretty funny, and by far one of the funnest dates I've been on in a long time!

SATURDAY: Museum clean up. Easily one of the most disgusting things I've done in a long time. Okay it wasn't that bad, but one of the rooms I couldn't even go into and poor Raegan and Seth Anderson were major troupers and cleaned it. There was bat poop and pee all over the floor and two dead bats. SICK!! Doing service though, which was the entire goal, that was good. We had a fun time looking at all the little exhibits and rooms too!

After the museum clean up, we went to R&R for lunch. We came home, took quick power naps, and then were on our way up  Mount Graham to go pick apples from Angle Orchard. It was so much fun and it smelled soooo delicious. It would honestly be such a cool place to take pictures, or to just sit down and read. It was so peaceful up there. So we picked some apples to make this apple crisp pie that Raegan makes. HOLY COW...DELICIOUS! Then we started on the ladybug hike.

Well halfway up the hike, Nicole and I decided that we didn't want to keep walking. Okay, it was more like we were just enjoying the view from this huge rock that over looked the valley. It was absolutely beautiful. I can't even begin to describe the peace and wonder and sheer awe at the majesty of it all. I don't know how people can see the beauty in the earth and not believe there is a higher power, someone who is watching over us, someone who has our best interests in mind, someone who always has an eternal perspective and wants what is absolutely best for us. It was so amazing. Nicole and I had a nice talk too, which is always good. I love good talks with great friends in the middle of nowhere, when everything's quiet and you can just think.

When we got back, we went to Denny's for dinner and then Dan came and picked me up. We went over to Taylor Stevens' house to watch the UFC fight. Dan's friend, Bryson Bendall was there with his girlfriend, so we hung out with them. It was definitely an interesting experience. I've never watched a fight in my life so that was different, not gross, but different. I wouldn't say I'd never watch one again, but it's not something that I'll go out of my way to see. Later that night, we played fugitive and pretty much, Dan and I dominated. The first round, Dan, Seth and I ran along the canal and jumped a fence to get to Dennys. We were the first ones there! WAHOO!! Then on the second round, Dan and I were one group of cops. So we parked across the street from Darrin and Cord's house, where base was. We hid in the trees and then when everyone came up to get to base, we tagged them all! It was awesome!!

SUNDAY: Went to church, then halfway through Relief Society, Dan texted me and said his family was eating dinner. So long story short, I ended up church hopping. I left right after the lesson in relief society was over, and then took the sacrament in third ward. Dan picked me up and we had dinner at Matt and Rhianna's house. I met Dan's parents. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. His parents are hilarious and super nice. Hopefully they liked me! The fireside was awesome tonight. It was about who you take along with you in this ride of life and how these people are the ones you lean on during bumps in the road: your family, good friends, and ultimately the Savior. I really liked it. It put perspective on my life, and also scared me a little bit.

Up till now, my life has been pretty easy. There's not been anything that's honestly rocked my world, and that terrifies me for what's ahead. I know that I don't need to fear anything as long as I'm doing what's right and what has been asked of me, but it's just one of those things you think about, hopefully not for too long or else you'll live in fear your whole life, and I for one do NOT intend to do that by any means of the imagination. Anyway, let's just say it's been a great weekend. One for the books. And Abbie and Kendra: if you read this whole thing, major props...because it's a longgggg sucker. Haha.

I found this quote written on a post it in my scriptures: Be where the Lord can find you.
Just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE