Monday, October 18, 2010

The fox is flying! THE FOX IS FLYING!! THE FOX HAS...flown.

Wow what a weekend! Okay let's just start at the beginning, shall we? Well Saturday, Abbie and I woke up, she started writing her English paper, and I cleaned the apartment. Then I get a text from Dan asking if I wanted to go to lunch with him and Matt and Rhianna. He then told me it was gonna be a "pajama run" lunch, which means he'd pick me up without telling me when he's coming and I'd have a minute to get ready and go. Not about to go out to lunch looking like a bum, I hurried and got ready. He picked me up, and then we went and got lunch at a sandwich place in Pima, and then went to the picnic tables by the temple and ate lunch.

It was really funny listening to Dan and Matt tell stories about them growing up and all the trouble and messes they got into. When we got back to Matt's house, Dan and I played with the little puppy that ended up on their doorstep earlier that day. We came back to my apartment and Dan fell asleep on my couch. So I ran over to Kacey's to tell her that I had decided to go to Sierra Vista with them that night. She and Megan had asked me about it on Friday and I didn't know if I wanted to, or if it would be weird--asking all those stupid questions that girls do and being completely irrational. After much debate, I decided to go.

Kacey told me that Megan was getting out of clinicals around 7 so we'd leave as soon as she got home, but the whole plan was to keep it a secret from Dan so I could surprise him on Sunday. Dan and I went to a baptism and Kacey texted me around 6 that Megan was home. So I hurried home, packed my stuff, threw it in Megan's car, and ran over to Dan's to say goodbye so he wouldn't stop by my house and we could meet them somewhere and drive down to Sierra Vista together. We met them at a gas station in town, and I hid between the bench and the seat in front of me. They covered me in pillows so that Dan and Brian wouldn't know I was in the car.

We got to Megan's house and played kick the can with her cousins and just messed around in the backyard. When Dan and Brian and Bryson got there to talk to Jared, we were all in the backyard and they went into the game room to talk and look at pictures from Jared's mission. Kacey kept watch on the door when we went into the kitchen to talk to Megan's mom. The code was "the fox is flying." Luckily, we didn't have to use it. Megan, Kacey and I slept on the trampoline. The whole time I was texting Dan acting like I was still in Thatcher.

At church, we got there before Dan and Brian did and they sat behind us. Well, I severely underestimated Dan's knowledge of the back of my head. I guess I figured that the backs of people's head all looked the same. I guess when you stare at one all semester, you get pretty familiar with it. Hahah oh man poor kid. Good thing he doesn't know I'm writing this. Anyway, moving on with the story, he was texting Kacey and totally knew it was me. He found me before priesthood and relief society and it was sooo cute. He had the biggest smile on his face and was like I'm so happy to see you and I can't believe you're here! Good surprise huh?!

We had lunch at Megan's after church and took a million and a half pictures! Before we left, Marsha, Megan's mom, pulled me aside in the kitchen and asked me how much I liked this boy (Dan). Then she was telling me about his mom and how amazing she is. Holy crap, from what Marsha said, I'm pretty sure I'm absolutely terrified to meet her! She's amazing!! Never has a cross word to say about anyone. Pretty much the kind of person we're all supposed to be like, and I fall miserably short. Ugh. Great. If I wasn't nervous to meet his parents before, I totally am now!!

Fears aside, hopefully I'll have PLENTY of time to psych myself up to meet them. Oh dear. This could be interesting. Good thing it's not any time soon. Okay, back to Marsha: So she asked me if Dan and I were dating and I kinda laughed--nervously--and fumbled with through a yeah we are. Kacey piped in and said Yeah you guys are! He's telling people you're his girlfriend. Great. Well there you go, we're dating. Haha oh well. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

The drive back was fairly uneventful, except when we pulled off the 10 to get onto the 191 to come back. Out of nowhere, we see lights behind us. Yeah, Megan got pulled over, apparently for speeding. Being the adorable blonde she is, and lucky for us that Jared had just gotten home, she got off with a warning and the cop ended up talking to her for what seemed like FOREVER about his mission and where he went. Then, the cop gave us all permission to be back seat drivers so that Megan wouldn't speed anymore. Talk about a great day! I actually get PERMISSION to be a back seat driver!! Wahoo! Okay so it wasn't that exciting. It was honestly more weird and awkward than anything.

We made it home safe and sound. Thank goodness. I hung out with Dan and we just laughed about the entire weekend and how I was at Megan's the entire time and he had no idea. Such a good girlfriend--yuck. I don't know if I'll get used to that anytime soon. Haha. But he did like the surprise. Mission accomplished. Now that it's ridiculously late and I have a midterm on Tuesday in pharmacology--kill my life--I think we'll call this one quits. It's pretty ridiculously long. But hey, I want to remember this some day, and it's the details that count!!



"Family: the one's you live with, laugh with, and love." :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE