Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I love my Mom.

Let's just start off by saying she's pretty much the most amazing person in the entire world. Me being the ridiculous girl that I am, was having a day...you know, the days that everything falls apart and you just can't take life anymore. For me, I get them once a month, and have since recognized that the perfect remedy is to cry, let it all out, and then I can move on with life again.

So today was that day. Of all things, I got a calling AND had a pharmacology midterm. Great. Well, I called my mom right before devotional and was talking to her about it and that I knew I was having a day. I told her I'd call her after devotional before she had to get back to teaching. Well, I made it through the opening song and the musical number before I started crying. I made an abrupt exit and ran home, changed, and drove down to the cotton field to run.

I called my mom and was talking to her about all the questions and decisions I have to make and the things that have been weighing on my mind lately. Then, she asked me if I'd said my prayers that morning. Immediately, I realized that I hadn't and that I probably should. My mom is seriously so amazing. She knows exactly what to say and I am forever grateful that she was chosen to be my mom. I need her in more ways that I know and she always knows what to say, whether or not I want to hear it.

I went for a run, got about 2 miles into it, and just stopped and looked around at the place that I've been blessed with to live in for the last year and a half. It's absolutely amazing. I knelt down right there and just prayed to find that peace and comfort and to know that He is mindful of me, that He knows what I'm going through and how I'm feeling. I also wanted to know if dating Dan is the right thing for me to do right now. Lately, I've just been feeling a little unsure, that feeling in the back of my mind that just wouldn't go away. I thought it was just the beginning of a relationship and the uneasiness of it, but I wasn't sure.

As soon as I stood up, there was this overwhelming feeling of peace and assurity that I'm doing the right thing, I'm where I'm supposed to be, and that things will be taken care of in their own time and place. I felt so much love and happiness and I knew that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father that loves me, knows me, and has blessed me with such a wonderful mother that knows and listens to promptings so that I can find answers.

I took my pharmacology test at 4 and it took me a freaking hour to take the dang thing!! Ugh I was so drained by the end of it. I came home and was about to head back to the library to do some anatomy homework that's due on Thursday because, let's face it, I love anatomy and anatomy loves me. It always makes sense. Not like this pharmacology crap.

When I walked into my apartment, there was a flower arrangement on the counter with a card. I looked at it and it was for me!! I was so excited, I had no idea who it was from. I read the card, and it said: Have faith. I know how hard things can get. I love you! Mom. As soon as I read it, I started crying. I walked into my room, and just fell on my bed crying. I couldn't even control it.

I've been so blessed with an amazing mom and I will never be able to thank her enough for everything she's given me. I hope one day I can be a mom like she is, and listen to my children and listen to the Spirit to know what to say to them and to make them feel my love. She's the most incredible person I know. She is so strong and always has good advice for me, but I love that she tells me to turn to my Heavenly Father.

Needless to say, the flowers were the perfect end to the crapiest day. In fact, it completely turned my day around. Mom, I love you. I'll never be able to say it enough, but I do. You're the best!!



"Mama you taught me to do the right things, so now you have to let your baby fly. You've given me everything that I will need to make it through this crazy thing called life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE