Monday, November 15, 2010

Four letter words

From SUNDAY night:
Honestly not quite sure how I feel about this. So abbie and I had a good conversation the other night--mind you all our good conversations tend to happen in the wee hours of the morning, typically four or five in the AM. This conversation was no exception.

So there's a couple down here that just got engaged like a week ago and they haven't been dating that much longer than Dan and I, and honestly it freaked me the heck out. I mean it's not a big deal at all, but seriously holy crap! It's MARRIAGE! That's forever, and forever is a freakin long time. I don't want to rush into it or be rushed and I want to be absolutely certain that it's the right thing to do. 

The conversation ended up with me deciding that I don't have to know right now if this is the forever I'm looking for. That maybe this is just right for right now, that I'm where I'm supposed to be and I'm who I'm supposed to be with for right now, because I'm supposed to learn something from this experience, something that will help me grow and learn for the future. 

Some food for thought. Okay really just my thoughts. Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE