Saturday, November 27, 2010

He's worth keepin around

Okay so I know it's ridiculously lame to blog about my boyfriend, but as of late, he's been pretty funny. And these funnies (okay there's really only one funny) are definitely blog worthy.

1. It's a boy!!!
Yes. You read that right. Dan decided he wanted to make a fleece blanket--probably because I talk about how much I love mine and how warm it is. Anyway, so we went to WalMart and he told me to pick out a side and he'd pick out the other side. Alright...well I guess this blanket could mismatch horribly, but since it's not mine it really doesn't matter does it? So we perusing the aisles of fleece and there was this Winnie the pooh print and it looked like baby fabric! So I pointed that out, and never again will I ever say what comes to my head without thinking about it first...because it set up the entire evening.

I said: It looks like baby fabric! No big deal right? Wrong. Dan gave me the weirdest look like OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT. So I just laughed and kept walking, obviously hiding the embarrassment. So we finally picked out the sides: I picked the little mermaid and he picked cars. It's a very mature college blanket. Then out of no where, Dan says: You know what we can call this?! The BABY MAKER!! Now for those of you who haven't seen the proposal, the blanket that's on the bed is called the baby maker.

We are getting the fabric cut and Dan so kindly tells the WalMart employee (her name is Erin) that it's going to be our baby's blanket. The conversation goes as follows.

Erin: Oh are you expecting?! (With a cute grin on her face)
Me: (Complete and utter shock with a look that could've stopped Dan dead in his tracks) No. No I'm not.
Erin: Are you two engaged?
Me: Nope, just dating.

So as we were leaving, Dan offers to carry the fabric and I quickly informed him that the blanket was for MY baby so I could carry it. When I came home and told Abbie about it, she was telling me about a blog we both read and how the lady is pregnant and according to a Chinese calendar, she's having a boy! So Abbie and I looked it up, and according to the Chinese calendar, Dan and I would have to be having a boy. See for yourself! Click yourself :]

2. I'm thankful for...
I'm just gonna paste this text word for word. Not gonna lie, I almost cried. Almost...
Things I'm thankful for: Someone who allows me to be myself, someone who makes time just for me and spends that time making me feel like the biggest man on campus (small joke lol), someone who makes me want to be smarter every time I open a book, someone who allows me to be faithful to my priesthood, someone who takes my breath away every moment I'm with her, someone who I believe to be the prettiest girl alive. What am I grateful for? I'm grateful for you!

How do you even respond to that?! All I know is I'm one lucky girl...

I guess to finish this off, after this weekend, he's worth keeping around. Everyone's been asking me about him, and honestly I've never felt so shy in my whole life. I just want to hide behind my mom! It's really weird. I talk about just about everything else in my life, but get that personal and apparently I shut down and close off. Didn't know that about myself until a couple of days ago. Back to Dan, he is such a great guy, and I would be so happy with him...so so happy. So we'll just have to see. He makes me so happy. I guess you never realize how much you're lacking sometimes. Weird.



Going on the quote board as soon as I get home!!
"Probably not cause he's so buff and I'm so boobish."

1 comment:

SHARE THE LOVE