Sunday, March 6, 2011

So...I won't die a virgin

Day 2: Yeah...I'm engaged. So here's the story...

So after the "break the fast" thing with Dan's ward today around 5 ish, Dan took me to his brother's grave. I've never been and it sounds kind of creepy, but it was a very humbling experience. Life is so frail and so fragile and its not ours to decide when we leave it. But it was so peaceful being there. Dan made the comment that I would've loved his brother, just being around him and hanging out. From what I've heard of Matt and him and his parents talking about Kameron, it sounds like we would've gotten along pretty well. It makes me excited to get married in the temple because I know he'll be there as well as my grampa. Oh man it's going to be so nice to feel their presence there.

Anyway, back to the story. After we left Kameron's grave, we went to the temple just to walk around the grounds. It's always peaceful there, and definitely helps clear your head sometimes. So Dan pulls out all the envelopes from last night and had me go through them all with what each clue was about. I get to the end, and there's a clue 17. I think I did a double take. What the heck?!

Clue 17: I bet you thought that this hunt was done, but now I got you with me looking at the sun. The Arizona sunset can't get anymore pretty, but nothing's more pretty than the girl that's before me. Inside this envelope you have more instructions, so the both of you can stop any more destruction. Read them to each other, but do it one by one. But please have a smile because this is gonna be fun. Read them slowly and make sure you both do it right, but make sure you finish before you run out of light. Arielle Mecham I know you've been waiting a long time for me, just remember we don't need time, we have eternity.
*Take your cards and give Dan his.

HIS CARDS: 1. Tell me how much you love me! 2. Tell me how good looking I am! 3. Tell me you love me and give me a kiss! 4. Tell me how much I means to you!

MY CARDS: 1. Tell me how much you love me! 2. Tell me how beautiful I am!!! 3. Tell me you love me and give me a kiss! 4. Tell me how much I mean to you!   LAST INSTRUCTION!! Tell me to get down on one knee!!

Okay this last instruction card actually ended up in his pile, so he took my cards and put it in there and then I had to go look through for it. I read it and my eyes got big and started welling up with tears (Abbie told me I was gonna cry! Stinker butt!) and he's looking at me smiling and telling me to read it out loud! I just looked at him and started crying. I gave him a huge hug and was just smiling and pulling the ring out of his pocket. Then he got down on one knee and put the ring on my finger.

And the rest they say is history...or shortly will be.

Aside from that, on a funnier note, last night I left my phone and keys in Dan's car so I borrowed Abbie's truck and drove over to go get them out of his car. No big deal right? So I walk into his apartment and go back to his room and pick his keys up off his desk (he's sitting at his desk preparing his lesson) and then I just explain that I'm getting my keys and phone. So I get them out of his car, and when I walk back into his apartment, he's just standing there leaning against the wall looking at me. And honestly, he's looking pretty peeved at this point. So I go put his keys back in his room on his desk and start walking out. He said goodnight and I just left. I seriously didn't think just showing up was that bad, especially just to get my keys.

But get this, right next to his keys on his desk was the box that the ring was in. I had no idea it was there and I didn't even see it! I was seriously so tunnel-visioned last night that I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at all. Apparently it was right there...and I totally missed it. Haha.

So that's that. And the countdown begins.

PS. This is the end of the forever long date. Apparently Dan told the jeweler that if I had to wait till Wednesday to get the ring like it was supposed to be, I would have broken up with him. Pshhh...as if. But lucky for me and much to his relief, it was done yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE