Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break Fever

Stressor to the max. I've even got the break out to prove it. Sucks. So let's start from the beginning shall we?
Thursday of last week, Dan and I drove up to the valley for Shawn and Erin Nimmer's wedding. The drive was fine, and then when we got up there, we had a couple of hours to spare, so we went to register at Target. Okay, for some reason, every little thing lately is stressing me out to the point that I just want to cry about everything. We walk into Target, and get set up for everything, and take the gun to go scanner happy. Well, for some strange reason, I just got seriously irritated with Dan about nothing! I feel so bad for him...and I've got no reason for any of it. I'm just a freaking emotional roller coaster. So pretty much I was stressed about figuring out colors for my  bedroom! Are you kidding me?! Honestly, all the big things I'm not too worried about, but all the small stupid insignificant things that don't even matter are stressing me out to no end!

So long story short, registering ended up being pretty fun, especially when we got to the kitchen aisle and to the movies! It was awesome! Then we had to get to the temple, but we stopped at In N Out before. Yumm! But the chocolate shake was a little too much. So Dan gets to the temple and I sat under a tree and waited for them to be done. Well, sitting under that tree, I suddenly got really excited to be married to Dan. I can't wait to walk out of those doors. It's going to be the BEST DAY EVER!

After they got out of the temple, I got super duper sick. It sucked so bad. Killer migraine+HEAT=sick sick sick. I couldn't even go to the reception that night. So thank goodness for bryson and kassidy. They let me just crash on their couch and watch greys anatomy episodes. By the end of the night, I ended up feeling so much better.

Friday we drove back, and spent the evening planning for the wedding. Then later in the week, I was picking out wedding invitations--worst thing ever! Seriously there are so many different types and it's ridiculous. TO pick out just one...ugh. So anyway, I ended up picking one and my mom didn't like it. GREAT. Then she steered me in the direction of the ones that would be more "theme appropriate" for my wedding. So I was thinking to myself: why the heck didn't she just show me those ones in the first place?! Well I ended picking one, and 4 different revisions later, ended up picking out a final announcement.

Seriously, weddings are so much strain on the mother/daughter relationship. It's awful. My mom and I don't fight about too much of anything. We're pretty level headed in that we can talk it out...but seriously, I feel like we're fighting about everything...and stupid stuff at that. I know she's not trying to stress me out, and I'm trying to be nice and not get upset with her. But it is so hard...so so hard. I was in tears over my announcement the other day because it wasn't what I wanted. Don't worry, it's just perfect now.

Anyway, I just made cookies...and I'm feeling extremely fat and frumpy lately. I need to go work out. I have a dress to fit into. Seriously. So no more soda, and no more eating out. I've got to get my butt in gear...especially since I'm gonna start taking birth control--and let's face it, that just makes everyone fat. YUCK.

So long story short, I've got spring break fever...bad. I can't wait to get out of this town and back home. I don't want to be away from Dan, but I need to get so much done, and I don't want to take out my stress on him. So it's probably best that we take a little break. I don't want to, but sometimes you've got to do things you don't want to. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE