Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Collectively...we're pretty experienced

Three things in mind today...I'll give you short preview so you don't have to read the whole thing. 1. Abbie came home Friday freaking out about hcg. 2. my roommates and I had an interesting conversation about sex. 3. Dan is the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

Abbie came home freaking out about hcg on Friday after her biology class. She's practically in a panic that she could potentially not have children because hcg can shut down your repo system. It was seriously hilarious because I was just waiting for something to come out saying that hcg was bad for you in some way, because in reality, anything that is that great and that much of a miracle weight loss drug...there has to be some sort of negative effect. Anyway, off my soap box, it was hilarious.

Sunday night, Nicole made the comment that Hope and Jodi told her to never get glow in the dark condoms because "then you see it coming at you swinging." Anyway, needless to say, the rest of the conversation was pretty freaking hilarious. It went all over the place...and it was so funny. We ended up sharing little bits of advice we've heard about what to do or not to do. Collectively...you'd think we're all pretty experienced.

So lastly, and I'm sorry if you don't want to read lovey dovey stuff...you should probably stop now and call this reading done. I love Dan. He was made for me. Yesterday was just not a good day, and I could blame it on a lot of things (namely birth control, $$ stress, and just general wedding planning stress) but that's not the point. The point is I was at my breaking point. I got a phone call from my mom. She told me my dress had gotten shipped to the wrong address, so they were making a new one and it wouldn't make it on time for my wedding. (Shit). Then she told me she was getting it made by someone else and it would be at my house by the end of the month. It was the point that it spilled over. I've been looking forward to trying it on for at least a couple of days now. I just started crying in the institute. I didn't even know what to do, because every little thing I cried harder. Dan finished filling out his home teaching reports and we came back to my apartment. He wanted to watch Tangled, so we popped some popcorn, put the movie in my computer, watched it on my bed. Now this is just one reaffirmation that he was made for me. He watched the movie and I just snuggled up next to him and fell asleep. We didn't have to talk about why I am an emotional wreck and crying all the time, he just loves me anyway and lets me sleep.

As much as he'd probably like to know exactly what I'm feeling, sometimes you just can't talk about it. It's not that you don't want to, you just can't. Maybe I'm crazy and the only one that feels that way. But I love him.

Its funny, we actually got in a fight today about something dumb (well it seems super dumb now) but he was pretty peeved at me for throwing water at him before he went to class. So it was all of this back and forth and blows below the belt, but I realized that I'm getting married to the most amazing person that I've ever met in 31 days. And forgive me for going all gospel right now, but Satan's going to do everything to prevent that. So SCREW YOU SATAN!! I'm walking out of the temple doors on May 13th and there's nothing he can do to prevent that. This is my choice. And it's for forever.

1 comment:

  1. Sure Arielle make fun of the fact that I could potentially not have children because I may or may not have poisoned my reproductive system.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE THE LOVE