Saturday, August 18, 2012

Be HAPPY. Be.

There's no greater misery than to recall the time when we were happy. -Dante

I was talking to my sister today, and she read me this quote. It got me thinking. A lot.
For her, she was thinking on the side of making bad choices/addictions/etc, that kind of stuff that doesn't make you happy, and actually (in my opinion) takes you to quite the opposite end...misery.

For me, the thought immediately came to my mind of my marriage, and my relationship with Dan. And when I was thinking about that, I realized that looking back on the times where we weren't the happiest (mind you, these are brief instances) that it makes me sad, and at the risk of sounding cheesy, it breaks my heart. It literally aches when I think about it.

In light of this thought, I made a decision that I am going to be happy. Just be happy. HAPPY.

I don't want to look back on my life in misery because I didn't make the choice right NOW to be happy.
I don't want to be miserable when I think back on the life I've lived.

I WANT to be HAPPY.
I WANT to look back and remember that we LAUGHED. A lot.
I WANT to reflect on my life and SMILE because it's been a good life.
I WANT to remember that Dan and I LOVE each other. And that it's a FOREVER love.


I want to be happy, and to remember that we are happy TOGETHER. FOREVER&EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE