Saturday, August 11, 2012

BUFFALOOOOO

Last week my momma and the kiddos and I met up with the fam and went to Yellowstone. It was quite the eventful trip to say the list. I got to check off quite a few "FIRSTS" from my list.

#1. I got my first speeding ticket...well first ticket...ever. It sucked. End of story.
But the best part about the whole thing...get this. My mom had been driving the whole time. We're four hours into this drive, and I decided to drive for the next couple hours and give her a break. I pulled out of the City Market, drove not even 200 yards, and there's lights behind me. I have no clue where the cop came from...at all. The second best part about it, I didn't even see a speed limit sign, until right before I pulled off the road to get out of the way. 58 in a 40. That blows. Way to go out with a bang. And let's just say that Dan and I are even...and he's definitely driving home from Colorado.

#2. I saw a buffalo on the side of the road!! Seriously! We saw quite a few actually, and an entire herd! It was so stinking cool! Andddd...one of the best parts about the buffalo was Princess Caitlin's reaction to them...Enjoy.

#3. Elk. We saw two huge bull elks just walking along through the field. Huge racks! HUGE! Dan.Would. Have. Died. They were that close, and so beautiful! We also saw a field full of cow elk too. Definitely cool!

#4. Lions, and tigers, and BEARS! Oh my! Yes, the only thing my mom wanted to see the entire time was a bear. Me...not so much. But saw one we did. Thank goodness it was only one. It was actually quite cute, and pretty small, which is unnerving because you just know the mama bear probably wasn't far behind.


The thing that killed me about all of this is that these animals are wild. And people were walking into the fields to get closer pictures! Seriously the only thing I could think of was how stupid they are! One of the workers at the little gift shops told us that just earlier in the week, a guy had to go to the hospital because he got too close to a buffalo and it attacked him. Sucks.

The trip was awesome! Photo overload to come in a few.

A few highlights I definitely don't want to forget.
Princess Caitlin: (while admiring the buffaloes on the side of the road) Look at those balls...
    (she said this entirely straight faced, and completely serious...I don't think she quite realized what she had       said!)

Princess Caitlin: (again while admiring the buffaloes) OH MY GOSH THEIR HUGE!!!!

4 hours into our drive from Denver to the cabin we stayed at in Idaho:
Momma: Ethan, do you have your seat belt on?
Ethan: Oh darn it!

Rylee: I'm starting to think we should sing like that feral child from the zoo. Maybe the buffalo will come to us! They'll be like 'I hear the call! And the people!

Ethan: Get out of the way trees!!
We were all taking pictures as we drove through Yellowstone to get to the cabin. Ethan was taking pictures with his ipod. It was hilarious. We were dying laughing because he was so upset that the trees kept getting in the way of his pictures.

Dan told us all a joke before we left, and it's quite stupid, but really freaking funny!
What did the buffalo say as his child was leaving for school?
Bison!
See...dumb, but funny!

So the aforementioned feral child that we met at the zoo...she was singing to the lions. Like high pitched opera singing. Terrible. But whatever. So we thought it would be funny to see if we could call the buffalo. I don't remember who decided to come up with it, but we rolled down the windows and shouted: BuffalOOOOOOOOO!
We were all laughing about it the entire trip, and would have random little outbursts throughout the trips.

So after I got my ticket, I cried. Yes I'm a girl, and it was the first one. Anyway...Chandler wanted to throw her gum away, but we didn't have anything for her to put it in, so I handed her my tissue.
Arielle: It's just a tear tissue.
Rylee: No. It's a SNOT tissue.
Ethan: OHH! That's the worst kind!

AND...some personal favs from the trip.  
Caution: PHOTO DUMPAGE.

Old Faithful.

Grand Prismatic Spring.

Favorite Brother.

Upper/Lower Falls.

Elk.

Buffalo crossing the river.

Jackson Hole Arch.

Rainbow. Lower Falls.

Family. Greatest blessing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE