Wednesday, August 15, 2012

TWO ONE

Yesterday was birthday number TWENTY ONE.
Old much? Not really.
Recap:
Breakfast/brunch at the Original Pancake House.
Work.
That's about all I got in yesterday.

So I worked until about 9/930 when all the salesman were finished selling, and as each of them texted me their futures and that they were done, I got a "Happy Birthday" of some sorts with it. It definitely made me smile, and made working on my birthday that much better. And, since I turned 21 and can legally buy alcohol, there were a few of the salesman making comments about shots.
One said he owed me a shot of REAL Mexican tequila.
I politely rainchecked.
One said I had to do Jager bombs, or no dice.
To this I replied that between the bombs and tequila, it looked like I'd be pretty hammered in the morning.
One said he would even buy me my first round.

The best part was, all of these salesmen are LDS, so even though I knew the shots/bombs/tequila was all a joke, it was still quite funny.

Dan picked me up, and we went home and made dinner.
Well he made dinner. It was delicious.
Pork Chops. Yum!

But before dinner, when we walked into the apartment, he said he had a surprise for me. Well...it was these beauties...

Yepp, he knows me all too well. My heart just melts for sunflowers!
So back to dinner, he had pork chops and a salad for dinner. It was so exciting to have everything all done up and pretty for it.



And he had croissant rolls baking in the oven to go with it! Soooo yummy!!

And dinner was completed with my favorite...RED VELVET CAKE!
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with the baked/frosted cake. So the mixings will have to do.

To make things EVEN better, Jen and Braxton came by, and brought me the sweetest treat ever! Seriously, these were the best cupcakes I've EVER had. EVER. They were chocolate (already a winner) with chocolate frosting and strawberry slices (double winner) with cheesecake in the middle. SCORE!!!

It was the best birthday yet...and I told Dan that this was quite the accomplishment because my mom through me a surprise party for my 16th, and I was totally shocked. So major accomplishment/props to him.

Birthday picture. Love him.

And just because I love his face SOOOO much...I want to remember this face forever.

Thank you for making my birthday so special. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE