Thursday, June 14, 2012

My life in pictures

Our good friend Trent decided it would be funny to fill in our "grateful" board for us a couple of Sunday's ago. Let's just say he thought he was pretty funny, and when I noticed it two days later I though it was pretty funny too.


My momma made this for us for our one year anniversary! The "H" was the cake topper on our wedding cake! I love shadow boxes, and this was just perfect. A nice little memory of our wedding. I love it!! Thanks Momma!!

Colorado has spiders. Lots of spiders. This nasty little guy made his way into my house. Not okay. Not okay at all. It sucked too (and I think this is the way it goes with all spiders) that you don't really notice it until you walk by, and then it scares the crap out of you! I jumped pretty high, and Dan was laughing. Thank goodness he was home though, so I didn't have to kill it! I was pretty determined to figure out which kind of spider it was too (weird I know) and after consulting his bug sheet, I think it was a wolf spider. Yuck!


Don't mind a picture of the bottom of my foot. I have this pretty legit Red Sox hat that my dad got me at Fenway, and it has an adjustable strap in the back. This particular strap is metal. I stepped on it. It busted my heel open. No joke. I was honestly shocked because number 1: I step on things all the time and pretty much never cut my foot; and number 2: the metal piece is so dull it wouldn't even stick in the wall if I chucked it at the wall. So I was pretty shocked. But luckily it closed up wicked fast and it hasn't gotten infected at all! Woot woot!

Poor Dan! He works so hard all week and every Sunday, without fail, we come home from Church, eat lunch, pick a movie to watch, and he passes out right about 2 pm until at least 4. Me on the other hand, I can't nap. I couldn't resist taking a picture because he just looks so cute, all tired and exhausted (don't mind my doting wife comment just now!).


 This is my fridge. It's flooded with wedding announcements. Well not really flooded, I guess it could be worse, but seriously 8 announcements is a little crazy! I texted this picture to Abbie and just laughed because there are so so many!! We had a good laugh about it. I'm sure there will be a few more added by the end of the summer, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

 I've come to the conclusion that our car rarely has problems during the school year because it only has problems during the summer when we're beating up on it and racking up the miles on it. Last summer, it was an engine mount and the A/C. This summer, it's the alternator. Luckily we have some good friends that had all the tools and after a couple of hours, we had the alternator fixed. Then the car wouldn't start. Great. Really freaking great. At this point I was pretty pissed and just wishing we would've paid the couple hundred bucks to take it in and have it fixed. Well my husband is nothing short of a genius! Thanks to his physics class at EA, he was able to figure out the problem! When they were taking out the old alternator, they hadn't taken off the positive side of the battery so the alternator was sparking. Turns out that that sparking blew out the battery fuse. 3 hrs and $3 later, the car was working again!! Yay for physics classes and for $3 battery fuses.


This is more from the hail storm last week. This was the hail that had gathered on our porch. Dime size. It was crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE