Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Running running

A friend at work showed me this website. If anyone knows me, I love to run when I'm upset or angry.  And generally speaking I like to run to keep my heart and lungs (and the rest of my body) healthy. But...I suck  at it. No joke. I never quite figured out how to breathe so I always sound like I'm dying even though I feel fine.

Well....I found a solution!! And honestly, I'm feeling pretty good at it. It's called the couch potato to 5 k. It breaks it down by weeks and has you alternate between running and walking. I'm super stoked about it. I tried it this morning and I felt great! I didn't feel crappy or horrible or like I couldn't breathe, but I felt like I could actually do it! Maybe I'm just on that high of starting a new work out, but so far, I'm pretty excited about it.

Check it out for yourself: Couch Potato to 5K

I'll keep you posted on how this running thing works out, but if it all works out according to plan, I will be running 3 miles solidly by the middle of August!!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE