Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ghetto Fabulous

I had a job interview today. Naturally, I went shopping this morning to find some "business" attire that's appropriate for an interview--aka slacks. Ugh I think I tried on 10 different pairs in 10 different sizes. I'm at that awkward in between stage where sometimes this size fits and sometimes this one fits. Good thing today wasn't a fat day. It could have been detrimental.

Anyway, so I found some pants that fit, and they were even the smaller size! Raise the roof! Ouch...I should never say that again. Alas, everything cannot be perfect though about said pants. They are too stinking long! And only by one roll of the cuff! I thought seriously about finding some safety pins and pinning them up, and possibly even buying a needle and thread to hem them (psh...that thought lasted for all of about 2.5 seconds). Then...I had an epiphany!

I'll just TAPE my pants!

Ghehhhh-to. Seriously.

But whatever works right? Because after running through the above options in my head, you'd have been able to see the safety pins poking through on the other side of the pants (that just looks ghetto and trashy) and I probably would have ruined my pants trying to hem them myself when I haven't a clue how to do it (even more trashy looking).

So despite the fact that it was super ghetto that I taped my pants to the right length, at least I'm the only one who knew about it! There's nothing quite like being secretive about your ghetto-ness. It's quite the thrill....everyone should try it.

Oh and can I just add (and Abbie thought of this first, but I completely agree) dress pants do absolutely nothing for your figure! It's like I stepped into a fat suit and suddenly lacked curves. Like all the puffy-ness went to making me look like a rectangle. Lame. At least if you've got to live with these (curves I mean), make them (pants) a little more figure flattering!

So I guess I should tell about how the interview went...

Well it when a little something like this...

I was there 15 minutes early (always a good sign right). Found the building alright, and patiently waited for my moment to shine (cheesy--barf!). She came out, said hello, and told me I could take a seat in the conference room. She came back in about 5 ish minutes later with my resume in a manilla envelope. I was probably there for 20 minutes, and then left. She seemed super nice and I thought the interview went relatively well, except for that awkward question they always ask at the end: why do you think you'd be a better hire than someone else?

Seriously, could we just rewrite that question to say "why on earth do you think you're better than someone?" It's awkward to say the least. But I muddle through it, and now it's over. I'll find out in the next couple of days if I'm hired or not. I hope yes, because I really really hate job hunting...way more than I hate awkward interview questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE