Friday, December 9, 2011

It's been another one of those days

One of those days that started out really rough and felt like I was scraping my face on the asphalt. Yeah one of them. Let's just say that it's like a huge bug hit the windshield and splatter it's guts in just the right spot so I couldn't see.

I read this quote:
"Faith isn't tested so much when the cupboard is full as when it is bare." --Elder Lynn G. Robbins

True story. I could say amen right there and call this post good.

But as the day went on, I was doing homework and stuff, and Dan came home from work early. I had missed him so much today. It was a little ridiculous to be honest. I just curled up on the couch next to him, we talked about what had happened earlier in the day, and I just felt the love of my Heavenly Father immediately. I felt Him wrap His arms around me and just hold me so tightly.

Then I read this quote:
"No pain that we suffer is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of patience, faith, fortitude, and humility. All that we suffer, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called children of God and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education we came here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in Heaven." --Orson F. Whitney

We're not out of the fog by any means, but I can see just a little bit more clearly through that smog as we're walking through the valleys. Life is made of mountains and valleys. We're walking through a valley right now, but I know that as long as we keep striving to pay our tithing and read our scriptures and keeping the desires of our hearts righteous, the Lord is going to bless us. He won't take the trial away, but He'll provide a way for us to make it through this. I know that. I know that with all my heart.

....and now I'm headed back to the grindstone. To finish homework. 4 tests and I'm done with my first semester at BYU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE