Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Times like these

So I really need to get more creative with these titles, because I'm pretty sure the only difference between this one and the first one is the first word. Pathetic.

Days/Times...whatever you want to call it...like these make me miss the way things used to be just a few short months ago.

Texas: as much as I hated you and the sweltering humid heat, I have some of the best memories from you. I got to hang out with one of my best friends Jaynee every day, work out, and lay poolside working on the tan, and talking about everything the way girls do. I miss that a lot.

I miss having girlfriends period that I can just call and tell them I'm coming over, and we don't really do much of anything all day. I miss talking about all the crazy things that are happening in our lives, and the drama that was going around the office. I miss talking about Izzee girl. I can't wait to meet that adorable little neice of mine. How pathetic is it that I love her so much already, and I've never even met her!

I mean look at her! Who could not love this adorable little girl!


Its funny how you get used to things being the way they are, right before they change on you. Jaynee and I would talk a lot and joke around about how we wished we would have been friends sooner, but she scared us, and we bugged the crap out of her! Haha funny stuff.

I  miss my roommates, Abbie and Raegan. We did so much crazy crap together, and we didn't have a care in the world. Okay, maybe like one or two. But it didn't ever show. We took spontaneous trips down to the river to tan on the conversion dam and read Me and Mr. Darcy. We stayed up till all hours of the morning talking about life and the things we do to get by. I miss that. A lot.

I miss reading scriptures with Dan every morning before he left for work. It always started my day off on the right foot, so that at least if something was going to go wrong, we had done one thing right that day. I kind of feel like we get stuck in the routine of school and work, and we just don't make the time to read them. I miss that a lot.

I miss having class with Dan four days a week. It was so fun going to anatomy and knowing that I would get to see him. I mean yeah I get to see him every day now, and that is the best thing ever-don't get me wrong. But it was nice that in addition to seeing him just about every day when we were dating that we go to have class together to. And I miss beating him on tests ;] just kidding! I miss the way he'd fall asleep every Thursday in lab, and all the little side conversation's we'd be having with Damron and Hope, Jodi, and Steph all while Ms. G was teaching. Oops!

I miss the sun, and the heat. Seriously, this cold crap is ridiculous! It was 17 degrees yesterday and the high was only 28. Yeah not cool. I miss the feeling of the heat on my skin. The sun I swear only gives light right now, no heat. Depressing thought.

I miss the simplicity that Texas offered, when the only thing I had to worry about was what to make for dinner, and making sure we paid utilities on time. Yeah, that was the life I'm telling you. And not that life got all that much more complicated after we moved to Utah, but school does something to you. It seriously just sucks the energy out of you and along with it, it's just so much harder to be happy. Maybe that's just because finals are next week and I'm feeling a little stressed (emphasis on the little).

But at the end of the day, I would trade any of things, because seriously, if we could have it all, and all at once, I don't think I'd really be as happy and I think I would. It's too much. I guess what I'm realizing as I write this is that there's a time and a season for everything, and a purpose for everything as well.

I am so grateful that for even a small instance, all these things got to be mine. How lucky am I? At the end of the day, I'm so extremely blessed that I wouldn't even know where to start listing off the blessings. So don't mind the melancholy reminiscing, and a little bit of complaining, but I really am grateful for each of these things in my life, and so much more.

I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful, beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE