Monday, December 19, 2011

Lights

Dan and I went with my aunt and uncle and their kids to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square yesterday. Aside from the fact that it was fahhhhhhreezing, it was actually pretty fun. We went to dinner at their house first, and Chef Jeff made these delish pork chops from the pig that Keaton killed. It was soooo good. Oh my goodness I could probably go on and on about how good all the food was.

Jeni boiled some water, and dished out the hot chocolate; we loaded up and headed out. Tanner and Britton came with Dan and I, and they entertained us the entire way! The radio was on playing Christmas music, and then randomly that rubber ducky song from Sesame Street came on. Tanner and Britton had no idea what Sesame Street was, so after that song was over, Tanner asked for just about every song if it was from Sesame Street too. It was pretty funny.

We parked by the courthouse, and road the trax to temple square. It was actually pretty fun, but it totally took off (pretty fast actually) and I was not prepared for that! Needless to say it was a pretty entertaining ride to the temple. We walked around, avoided the sister missionaries, and looked at all the lights....with the thousands of other people that were there. I'm a little disappointed we didn't take more pictures, but that's the way it generally goes. You bring the camera, and don't take pictures....story of my life. We did however take a couple right before we left. 

This picture makes me laugh because if you look really closely, you can see how red our noses are, and that we're both holding those hot pocket hand warmer things. I had been putting on my nose to warm it up, and everyone was making fun of me, but my nose wasn't freezing and their's were. Who's laughing now? Haha just kidding, but it really did work! I love being there though. And I love that we got a picture with the temple in the background. 

Great Sunday night, with family. Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE