Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My hamstrings hate me

Yesterday, Dan and I went to the gym. I'm usually out of the locker room LONG before he is...I'm convinced there's a massage chair or something exciting in there, because I'm always done and on the treadmill for at least 5 minutes before he's out.

Anyway, yesterday I decided to stretch out just a little bit before starting to work out. I'm nearly convinced that was the fatal mistake, because I never stretch before. I just start walking and gradually speed up the pace to a run. So I finished the treadmill, and went to the bike for 3 more miles, then hit the weights.

Well, there was a guy at the gym that was in a wheelchair, and he rolled up next to my treadmill and said hello. So naturally, I said hi back because there's no reason to be mean to someone for saying hello. However, when I was working on the machines doing rows, he rolled up right next to my machine and said hello again.

I feel really bad for this, but it kind of freaked me out a little bit, because it wasn't like I was the only person in the gym. There were quite a few people there actually. So I smiled, and finished my set, then got up and walked over to where Dan was. I didn't go back to the machines. And I felt really bad for leaving, but he was freaking me out a little bit! I think he was kind of special though.

So I just finished my work out with free weights, and then I did some dead lifts. After I finished those, Dan and I were going to do an ab circuit, but when I went to go pick up his other weight so we could go over there, my hamstrings totally freaked out like they were going to cramp! It hurt so freaking bad! They got so tight and it hurt even more to stretch them. So I walked like an idiot because I was walking with my legs practically straight over to the ab station, thinking they'd relax themselves. Nope. Did not happen.

So all night, I was walking super slow, probably out of fear that they would cramp. That is the worst feeling! I hate muscle cramping. Ugh. They're much better today, but still super sore. And now they're twitching. I swear they hate me. But tomorrow, they're getting it because Dan and I are going to hike the Y tomorrow. I'm pretty excited!!

That's all for now. I'll blog about Christmas...eventually.

Ps. If anyone has tips for this hamstring-hatage, please help a sister out! They're killer.
Much obliged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THE LOVE